1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B9 Exhaust noise

RGBARGEE Jan 9, 2018

1. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Well-Known Member Team Mythos Team Daytona Team Phantom Audi RS3 Audi RS4 Audi S3 Black Edition Navarra Blue Classic Audi A1

Well, my B9 RS4 is due to be delivered on 1 March with standard exhaust. If I am underwhelmed with the exhaust sound after my RS3 5 pot I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts.

Cheers

RG

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. DeanoC

DeanoC Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Standard stuff of chopping out resonators and disabling valves until people start turning out replacements.

One overwhelming issue the B9 has is that it went cheap and only has a single pipe run down most of the length of the car with it branching out to the two rear boxes at the end. This will remove a lot of the V6 noise straight away which you will never get back

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

I'd give Milltek a shout and see if they want to use it as a development vehicle or if they already have something lined up and then you can get a free exhaust out of it too. :)

5. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Audi RS4

This if they do it for the 4:

TX.

6. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member Supporter Team Floret Silver Audi RS3

@RGBARGEE

Maybe you could get some gold stripes while you’re at it lol :tearsofjoy:

7. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Well-Known Member Team Mythos Team Daytona Team Phantom Audi RS3 Audi RS4 Audi S3 Black Edition Navarra Blue Classic Audi A1

Silver to match the mirrors eh...

8. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member Supporter Team Floret Silver Audi RS3

Yeah great idea ... that would look so cool :icon thumright: :tearsofjoy:

9. terminator x

So driving around with the windows down now and almost 3k on exhaust ... starting to sound OK, bit of a whump every gearchange and I swear there was an over run burble today!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Addict likes this.
  10. Addict

Addict Well-Known Member

I’ve got just shy of 5k on mine now (sports exhaust) so it’s it’s going to come alive now is the time really I guess. It’s rumbles and pops a bit on obviously but there’s definitely something missing (as much as I adore everything else about this car!). So I’m seriously starting to consider tinkering with it. In my opinion you really shouldn’t feel the need on an RS model but it is what it is I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. terminator x

@Addict should be more RS sounding I agree although imho it's the EU noise regs killing the sound not Audi.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

AP Racing front + rear brakes in for sale section

Addict likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Addict

Addict Well-Known Member

Almost certainly that’s the reason. However, I want a bit more rumble. I know a few people that have had the valves opened and made all the difference. There’s some sound controllers that you can buy that simply plug in and it overrides Dynamic etc to give you a different sound. I’ll let you know how I get on :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terminator x likes this.