Exhaust just fell off

Iceash

Reaction score
Help!

i'm in a field and my exhaust has just fallen off. Are the likes of kwik fit or any other major franchise likely to stock an exhaust for a tqs avant?

thanks,

ash

ps, I'm camping, not crashed lol

Help!

i'm in a field and my exhaust has just fallen off. Are the likes of kwik fit or any other major franchise likely to stock an exhaust for a tqs avant?

thanks,

ash

ps, I'm camping, not crashed lol

I doubt it. I'd have thought there would be a catalytic converter, etc. are you in the AA? Best bet is to get a temporary fix (assuming its not rotten) and its just the brackets or rubber hangers.

Just managed to have a closer look. Thankfully doesn't seem to have come away seems to be blowing at front.

Im off to llandudno on sunday going to take a slight detour through the conwy tunnels and open up the milltek see how it sounds :)

as it sound miles better after a long journey when its piping hot will get the misses to get a video/sound clip then you,ll really want an exhaust system :p!!

I can do sound clips of my 3 inch turbo back to Milly **** end if that's what you'd like. Muuuhahhahahaha

Reactions: Arrkon and Bradderz_1988
Im off to llandudno on sunday going to take a slight detour through the conwy tunnels and open up the milltek see how it sounds :)

as it sound miles better after a long journey when its piping hot will get the misses to get a video/sound clip then you,ll really want an exhaust system :p!!

totally off topic, but weirdly yesterday I worked on a boat called Llandudno Bay, and today Conwy Bay, Monday i'll be on the Towyn Bay

Fixed with a bit of welding. £30 later, happy days :)

Re sound clips, your both mean people lol :superman:

I am wondering if any of you have a link for the complete exhaust for a TQS B5? I know I said I do not want to put to much money for the exhaust, but when I removed the genuine one, I realized how big and heavy it is. So I think performance one would be much better and would sound nicer. :) I found some Milltek ones on eBay, are there any cheaper ones or it is the best in price/quality ratio? Link here But I think it is still missing decat pipe, isn't it? Any shops that opened on Sunday not to far from Wembley up to 100mi where I could get one? Any good supplier for Milltek?
Or any other exhaust system sold in UK?
Any advice is much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Your best bet for a already made off the shelf system is either Milltek or jetex (Milltek comes with down pipe, jetex doesn't and youd need a custom one made) then if you want a decat there about £90 off ebay or £110-120 from THS Performance (both 3" but the ebay one looks to only have one 02 sensor bung not that you need the other but if you wanted to stick a wideband in there its there) or get one made up but some people see the 4 rings then see ££££ !! I got qouted £800 for a 3" cat back system non resonated from top gear in stockport heard only good things about them and when he quoted that i walked straight out the door !!

It looks like this one have 2 x O2, that's what it says in description. Link Will the decat pipe from the link (THSPerformance does not have any details about decat on the website) and Milltek bolt to each other without any mods? Do you have the same Milltek system in yours car? Any videos to hear the sound?

Last edited:
I've just replaced the entire system [from cat back incl flexy] by a standard Longlife stainless system.

Even as standard it's a wee bit more in the cabin under positive throttle [actually quite a good way to regulate your mpg but I digress] at idle it does sound discretely burbley. Bit more at 3-4k and gets going after that. No sound clips at moment, but if it ever stops raining I'll try for some pictures etc...

Quoted 370 @ first then the :wtf: flexi :wtf: fell apart just before it went in, as they do, so 460 all in.

I am wondering if any of you have a link for the complete exhaust for a TQS B5? I know I said I do not want to put to much money for the exhaust, but when I removed the genuine one, I realized how big and heavy it is. So I think performance one would be much better and would sound nicer. :) I found some Milltek ones on eBay, are there any cheaper ones or it is the best in price/quality ratio? Link here But I think it is still missing decat pipe, isn't it? Any shops that opened on Sunday not to far from Wembley up to 100mi where I could get one? Any good supplier for Milltek?
Or any other exhaust system sold in UK?
Any advice is much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

AUDI A4 1.8T B5 QUATTRO MAGNEX EXHAUST CAT BACK STAINLESS STEEL | eBay

Not sure i believe thats a magnex...

Compression bent pipework and 57mm bore doesnt strike me as a good quality job.

Hmm. I'm no expert right :redface: but as aragorn points out 57mm is what was fitted for my "standard" system replacement.

Longlife "standard" system replacement made up of two freer flowing silencer boxes and 2.25" pipe.

i mean sure, it may well be that they've chosen to use 57mm, but a compression bent 57mm system is arguably worse than the stock 57mm system with mandrel bends!

Thanks for the link. Contacted him, I'll see how it goes. :) I do not really need any performance atm, as need to drive that car for a bit longer to see if there's any other issues. So it could do for me.
Just to add, I've texted FR-R tuning about the THS decat not being in stock and they replied, that it is no longer manufactured. There's another one on their site, but it's £165 :( And the one on ebay is sold as "new (other)" and does not come with any gaskets or bolts...

What a lucky day. I was looking for a passat 1.9TDI PD engine, for my other car and found this for my TQS. Just for £68 inc P&P. Never used.
85in

So now I have a question for those who already have THS decat. What is the thread details for the bolts that connects decat with downpipe? As new bolts are needed. And while we're here any details of tightening torques? I do not want to damage new stuff. :D

i mean sure, it may well be that they've chosen to use 57mm, but a compression bent 57mm system is arguably worse than the stock 57mm system with mandrel bends!

Yes, I know what your saying about pulse theory [in fact I have a Sylva with a 4-2-1 and single box system all mandrel until some Fenwick put a dent into one of the downpipes, but that's another story] but at the time it was the best option ££ for a standard car for us. Still sounds good inside and out mind. :p

Anyway back to the important bit. Was let out today and discovered just what a torsen diff can do for your exit speeds in a few tight, reciprocating twisties. :wub:

What a lucky day. I was looking for a passat 1.9TDI PD engine, for my other car and found this for my TQS. Just for £68 inc P&P. Never used.
View attachment 25631

So now I have a question for those who already have THS decat. What is the thread details for the bolts that connects decat with downpipe? As new bolts are needed. And while we're here any details of tightening torques? I do not want to damage new stuff. :D

If its never been used it should come with 3 threaded studs and 3 nuts, TBH you need some copper squish nuts as the ones THS supply are just normal nuts and mine flew off, iirc you need M8 threaded studs and lock two 13mm nuts on the studs to get them tight on the decat as for torque settings im not to sure i just did mine FT as there copper squish nuts.

With my decat i struggled to tighten the nut that sits under the manifold at the turbo flange due to the angle that it was welded at so just be aware i had to drop the turbo off the mani to get a stubby spanner in there as a socket wouldnt go over the nut as the pipe angle restricted it going over the nut.

Good score on the price i paid £120 iirc direct from THS !!

EDIT: heres mine with studs and nuts in place