Exhaust gas temp sensor

gez

S3 hunter
Reaction score
Hi peeps. Got a code come up on my 2002 BAM S3 for the exhaust gas temp sensor. Any one know where its located? I cant see it anywhere and tps sent me a picture and it looks like its in the turbo and has a pipe leading to a black box held on by 2 bolts. Any ideas guys? Thanks

Hi,
The sensor is screwed into the exhaust housing of the turbo ( righthand side of the turbo )
The pipe you mention is actualy a wire that goes around the engine block to the control box which sits under the plastic cover that sits around the dipstick tube.
Hope this helps.

Nice one matey, found it. it has a wire covered in silver braiding which loops all the way round to the turbo.
TPS want £157 plus vat! anyone know who/where may do them cheaper? or even second hand?

I dont think anywhere does new ones cheaper to be honest.
Check on ebay for people breaking cars.

Nice one matey, found it. it has a wire covered in silver braiding which loops all the way round to the turbo.
TPS want £157 plus vat! anyone know who/where may do them cheaper? or even second hand?

Sadly this is the price of them... I tried to get one myself and no one can discount them as they are making very little if anything at that price....

I managed to find one on ebay.de but still cost me £50....

What was the code exactly?

<tuffty/>