Exhaust for S3

Brett Butler

Reaction score
Website
www,brettbutler.co.uk
I was nosing around, and did not relise that exhaust's were like £400-00. by taking off the stock exhaust and fitting say a Remus one or similar, will it up the power, and does it effect the warranty?

Peoples views on what one is best to upgrade etc. Good places to go to

only chaning the downpipe and cat AND then getting a remap to take this into account will really up the power. Dont bother with a cat back alone as this will not up the power at all, just make more noise.

Was at GTi international today, MV had their system lined up against a OEM system, the restrictions in the OEM are significant.
The MV system looks very tidy and the guys offer a decent forum discount. Helpful bunch too.
Something I would consider if/when the time comes to swap.

Cheers
Paul

Was at GTi international today, MV had their system lined up against a OEM system, the restrictions in the OEM are significant.
The MV system looks very tidy and the guys offer a decent forum discount. Helpful bunch too.

Cheers
Paul

Paul,
What was your opinion on the sound from it ( I am assuming just with car being revved rather than on road ) ?
I am interested in system after what I saw on Youtube from advert by MV. I am not looking for a system that sounds "boomy" when cruising. Just one that has a few more bells and whistles than the OEM set up. It's just to quiet in standard form I feel. Have heard some mixed reports about Milltek to be honest , so fancy something a bit different.

Cheers
Paul

Yep, saw this at GTi too and was very very tempted to buy it there and then. Even offered a good price for audi-sport members. Made me realise how poo the standard exhaust is. Anyways I got the car remapped instead and saved a fortune so maybe the exhaust will come at a later date. Oh and OMG with the mk1 golf and TTRS on the sprint.

Yep, saw this at GTi too and was very very tempted to buy it there and then. Even offered a good price for audi-sport members. Made me realise how poo the standard exhaust is. Anyways I got the car remapped instead and saved a fortune so maybe the exhaust will come at a later date. Oh and OMG with the mk1 golf and TTRS on the sprint.

Would you have the MV over the Milltek tku ?

I've got the MV set up as you can see and am very impressed with it. Turbo spools much quicker, more mid-range torque and it barely booms at all. i've still got the standard votex rear silencer and it sounds pretty good, even when at standstill when I rev it it sounds fairly mean with the odd pop and bang. Want to change the rear section for MV or a custom set up too though for the full effect.
Only when the car's cold and idles high for 30 seconds or so, is it very loud when idlling otherwise its not much louder then stock. When you open the taps it sounds great from the outside.

For the price you can't beat it. Only disadvantage i can see is that its a 2.75'' downpipe which is not optimum size for a anything bigger then a K04 where you'd need a 3'' one.

Would you have the MV over the Milltek tku ?

Well the price is consiberably different! So would depend on budget. I almost bought the downpipe and cat at Gti so yeah I would it over the Milltek. Don't think you can wrong with either though. If I had more money to spend I would probably go for the Milltek but like I said if your budget is slightly more limited then I don't think the MV would be a bad choice. They quoted me £425 at the show which I thought was amazing.

Well the price is consiberably different! So would depend on budget. I almost bought the downpipe and cat at Gti so yeah I would it over the Milltek. Don't think you can wrong with either though. If I had more money to spend I would probably go for the Milltek but like I said if your budget is slightly more limited then I don't think the MV would be a bad choice. They quoted me £425 at the show which I thought was amazing.

Was that just for the rear section?