Exhaust flaps & Gear Box

j0nny2013

Reaction score
Sorry for two questions in one but…

I’ve had my 2016 RS3 for 6 months now and I love it. I just wanted to check if anyone else has experienced the fear box to be a bit clunky on the low gears at times. It’s not all the time but sometimes going from 1 to reverse or vis versa it can feel clunky.
I never really noticed it when I first bought it so don’t know if it’s something I should be worried about.
Secondly….

exhaust flaps are doing my head in. Sometimes in dynamic the down shift pops are hardly noticeable because the flaps are shut. Any recommendations on keeping them open in dynamic but still being able to close them in comfort?

Thanks

Cete valve control for keeping the valves open. Had it on mine and well worth the money imho.

TX.

Reactions: Marky79, wuta3 and seventeenapg
Yep the gearbox is a bit clunky and clumsy in slow traffic. Especially declutching 2nd in start/stop traffic.
Half of it is managing anti-stall with gear selection and torque. Sometimes it doesn't quite do it smoothly. I'd say the DQ500 in the RS3 isn't really for traffic heavy town driving!

A TCU tune helps a lot and also marries D shifts better with UK speed limits and driving patterns. It prevents some of the clunkiness. My stage1 APR ECU and TCU tune made the car what it should've been from factory and the biggest impact is the TCU tune.

I also have a CETE valve controller and it is brilliant.

Reactions: j0nny2013 and S38pkyle-ing
The valve controller is by far the best bit of kit i bought for my RS3.

My Revo ECU remap keeps the valves open all the time in S and dynamic. Not sure about D but do not notice any sound decrease in the rev range once cycled into dynamic after every start.

Reactions: j0nny2013
Thanks everyone.

Pleased its not just mine then. Was worried the gear box was on its way out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk