exhaust cleaner any ideas?

S3_NDJ

Hi all
My exhuast on my s3 is rather dirty tried cleaning with just sponge and normal wash n wax ... any ideas what could bring the shine back withiut damaging the metal underneath ??

P_G

If you want proper automotive metal cleaners try Autosol or Optimum Metal Cleaner & Polish or short term fix would be Fair Powerspray if you have any in the kitchen cupboard. If your exhaust is Stainless steel it will work a treat.

Audi Dynamik

I have tried Autosol and Auto Glym Metal Polish, Both very good, apply it to a cloth and rub as hard as you can and they should come up lovely !

005.jpg

valyboi

Autosol is a great product higy recommend, bit of helbo grease and Gould come up lovely

dan-quattro

+1 for autosol, still got a tube in my garage, great stuff

S3_NDJ

brilliant thanks for the help ill grab some auto sol and give it some lol what is the best thing to get it off if a soft cloth wont work ?

S3_NDJ

Autosol it is cheers again :)

scotty76

brilliant thanks for the help ill grab some auto sol and give it some lol what is the best thing to get it off if a soft cloth wont work ?

The pros usually use a bit of #00 wire wool or #0000 wire wool for stubborn stuff. If you are struggling it might be you have some tar stuck on the tips and would need a tar remover first (lots to choose from). For the totally over the top "how to" guide, this comes to mind How to clean exhaust tips by Pomme - Car Care and Detailing - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Personally Tardis scares me, so I use CarPro Tar X or CarPro Trix.

Steven.c

Auto-Motive Restored Deatail
As above, i use 00 grade wire wool with autosol to bring back to its original shine. you may get a few minor scratch marks if you look at it really close but if someone notice's them they are too close to your car in the first place :)