Exhaust Blips or Lack of.

RYuill

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that the exhaust farts are pretty much non existent between 4-5k revs?

between 3-4krevs = small fart
5k revs and above = loud fart
between 4-5krevs = zero

Cheers

My current car does them right through the Rev range but sound best under light revs at around 3k rpm, but with a decent amount of throttle

I hear a TTS drive past regularly at normal speeds and that really does sound nice on the upshift at what sounds like low revs but under quite high load, I.e. Foot down and short shifting...does this work well on the S3?

I had a play about on the way home last night and I can fart between 4-5k no bother :lick:

All joking aside, the best one I got was at around 4750rpm and was nice and loud!
Will need to try the high load short shifting tonight :thumbs up:

I can get a fart between 4-5k too, but the loudness is throttle position dependent.

It's only on occasions it doesn't work. Not sure if it's when I have my foot to the floor and shift early or when I accelerate up to 4.5k revs and change. Will have a play today

You can get fart noises in a manual too you know......:jester:
lick.gif

I got a fart noise this morning - the engine wasn't even running.....:flush:

You can get fart noises in a manual too you know......:jester:
lick.gif

how!?

heel and toe?

this was the only reason i was tempted to go for the s tronic! but i drive a 335d tourer for work a lot and so the s3 wouldnt feel too much different and in my opinion the beemers gear box is superior

Well when sitting I tend to shift my weight to my left hand side, left the right and let rip but I guess you could do it the other way.... personal preference really..
lick.gif

Reactions: Blackwhite, elpaulio, RYuill and 1 other person