Exhaust advice

S3_JJM

Reaction score
Hi lads

I have a 3” downpipe and sports cat that tapers down to 2.5” and sleeves into a 2.75” Milltek with a reducer.

So the whole exhaust system goes from 3” to 2.5” to 2.75” which is a bit of a bottleneck.

Is this okay or should I consider changing the set up?

Depends what your cars running dude and what car it is.

If it’s a standard S3 then yeah it’s fine. If it’s remapped, ideally do away with the bottle neck. If your running over 350bhp you want 3” from start to finish really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man, appreciate it

Its an S3 BAM and the guy I bought it off said it was mapped, at that point it just had the milltek.

It’s now got a Ramair cone filter, B5 TIP, downpipe and sports cat

I’m planning on getting it mapped again once I get an Airtec FMIC. That’s as far as I’ll go in terms of mods tbh

I couldn’t seem to find any that taper down to 2.75, is my best bet getting a shop to remove the 2.5 taper and weld on a 2.75 ?

That’s it thank you mate, doubt it’ll be much for a shop to chop the 2.5” sleeve off and weld that on to the sports cat I have already

I couldn’t find any sports cats online that taper into 2.75, Only option I could find was a milltek decat twin pipe that fits the OEM downpipe and comes down into the milltek cat back. Unless you know any?

If you’ve got a 3” downpipe. Get the biggest cat you can. So a 3” cat, fit it on to the end of the downpipe. Then taper the 3”-2.75” onto the rest of the exhaust system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, thank you for the advice mate
Appreciate your help

Reactions: S3AMJ