Exciting times

AARON77

Reaction score
Hi guys dropped the s3 off today so work can start in the morning on my progressive nos kit :)
I can't wait I pick it up Friday morning when I'll have lil tutorial on how to use my new toy then it's off to AMD essex to see how she performs on the rollers :)
Gonna do a with and without nos run so I'll post the graphs over the weekend and I mite do a video too!!!!
If any 1 fancies joining me for some rolling road fun book yaselves in :)

who is doing the install mate? what sort of gains are you expecting

I don't want to exceed 350 bhp so I'm adding a 35bhp shot and with the cooling effect it has with on the engine you get and added 10/20 bhp and no turbo lag :) so with that I should be hitting close to 330/340 bhp
I'm just playing it safe till I can afford to have my internals rebuilt then I'll up it quite a bit more :)

This will be interesting. I wouldn't run NOS in my own cars personally, but it's nice to see a different approach to more BHP.

I've been considering NOS myself I just admit... :-/

I'm just worried about the welds on the intake....

lol, in all seriousness though, what was the quote for fitting?

woohoo! Ive been trying to find a .gif of the f&f car exploding with no luck lol.

Aaron do you know what the torque delivery will be like? have you changed the rods?

woohoo! Ive been trying to find a .gif of the f&f car exploding with no luck lol.

Aaron do you know what the torque delivery will be like? have you changed the rods?

They are going to Brin the up at increments of 10 and sow how the car reacts so they are doing everything in their power to get it rite without causing damage to the engine!!! No guarantee tho but hey I like a bit of risk in my life :)
Rods I'm going to do at the end of the year then Add more power me thinks :)

I've been considering NOS myself I just admit... :-/

I'm just worried about the welds on the intake....

lol, in all seriousness though, what was the quote for fitting?

For a progressive kit that u can controll with 2 12lb bottles comes in at 1500 fitted

Wow that seems quite a bit. I remember installing a Zex nos kit on one of my first cars and that was about 8 years ago and the kit itself cost about £350 for a 50bhp progressive kit. It worked out at about 30bhp at the wheels, I think I still have the dyno plots somewhere. It was on a standard fiesta zetec s and the bhp went up from about 106 to 135 but the torque was almost a 50% increase. It was a brilliant piece of kit and pretty good fun at the time but you go through a bottle of it in no time!