Excited! Unicorn!!!

daveb77

Reaction score
booked in early March for Stg1 & TCU map! Keeping it basic!
Canny wait! Any tips on what to ask for? I do like plodding along for commute and manual mode auto change up if I forget : )
Rick said eco mode reverts to standard map should I get fought out without 99ron as well!
Nice!
D

Reactions: Rumpelkillskins and Scottyg
Perfect - let us know how you get on !

I'm sure Rick will let you know what can and can't be done. I'm with you though on the auto upshifts - change rpm points will often be tweaked to take advantage of the map. Ask for kickdown in manual to be disabled as that's really irritating when you want WOT in manual mode - most TCU maps do this.

Reactions: pburv
Good call thanks Rob. I might order intake elbow for install at same time, not sure it's worth it in isolation though in terms of intake mods no other plans at all hardware wise!
Will keep forum posted! Half the price of alternative local tuners too with huge reputation : )
D

Reactions: Rob2k68
Sound bloke, my S3 feels brutal and I only got stage one. He gets a lot more torque than other maps from what I've seen
370bhp
400lbs

Reactions: daveb77
Good call thanks Rob. I might order intake elbow for install at same time, not sure it's worth it in isolation though in terms of intake mods no other plans at all hardware wise!
Will keep forum posted! Half the price of alternative local tuners too with huge reputation : )
D

I have a CTS elbow and Revo silicon hose made by Samco - can do both £120 posted if your in the U.K. Elbow allegedly gives 7 odd bhp by replacing OEM part that is very restrictive. No longer needed as Revo Air box and intake pipe have replaced them.

I have a CTS elbow and Revo silicon hose made by Samco - can do both £120 posted if your in the U.K. Elbow allegedly gives 7 odd bhp by replacing OEM part that is very restrictive. No longer needed as Revo Air box and intake pipe have replaced them.
Cool ill have a think but not sure if ill benefit from 7hp given no other mods.
Cheesr for offer will be in touch,

D

Reactions: Rob2k68
Right im still on track for visit down south on Friday to receive Unicorn Stg1, TMU maps...!
I know Ill get info from Rick on the day but Im awake early for work...

Given that Eco mode reverts car to standard power (neat feature) how will this affect my Individual setting on Drive select?
I tend to use Individual for my daily commute, Steering is Auto (not affected i suspect), exhaust is Dynamic ((not affected i suspect) but leave engine in Auto. Will this somehow randomly switch to standard power (Eco) if it detects me coasting along or would it revert to Comfort (i.e not Eco) till i put foot down again? Ive never noticed it switch to Eco when in an Auto engine mode (never coasts etc with foot of pedal for example) but just thought id randomly check...

Hopefully makes sense?

Would i also be able to add hardware (simple) later without map tweaks - TT intake pipe, res delete for example?

Otherwise ill keep everything simple I think with the map and leave as it come out of Ricks tin!

Will post update as and when (fingers crossed) over the weekend...

D

PS: Will have my wife in toe for the tune session so is there any local places for lunch nearby to keep us amused : )

There's a beauty little canteen on the same industrial make a mean breakfast haha Apart from that I can't help. When I went to unicorn I went straight after a 12 hour night shift hours drive to unicorn and then didn't move much from the sofa due to being so tired hahaha

Thanks mate!
Ps. What did you get done?
Seen a thread on VW forum where some issue with dsg map? Worried now!
D

Thanks mate!
Ps. What did you get done?
Seen a thread on VW forum where some issue with dsg map? Worried now!
D
I had my 8P S3 mapped to stage 2+ 360bhp 408ft-lb and can't fault it 90% of what you come across on the road can't touch it with exceptions of your obvious

368hp 389 per foot!
Only driven in busy traffic so far though : (
Next week will be a pleasure to explore during my usual journeys for the new life in the S3! Can defo feel a bit more perkiness low down but
will update once I've explored a bit!
Rick was a pleasure to meet and chat to as well! Good day all in.
D

Reactions: desertstorm and Rob2k68