Excessive oil consumption on new car

riggssuzuki

Reaction score
I have had the car for about 6 months but i have only done 2500 miles from new (dont ask). However I have had to top up the oil twice. Probably about one of the small bottles of Castrol. Is this normal?

:doctor:

I wouldnt have thought so. Does it smoke? What model exactly?

same with my dynamik it has used alot since about 6500 is is completly normal i have chekced up :)

fairly normal from new during first few thousand miles, also understood that "Audi Engines do this" until they reach about 10k

mine has used about 3/4 of the min to max in 2500 miles,

Mine didn't use much at all, went down a mere quarter after 8000 miles. I was actually worrying if the sensor was working at some point after hearing what other people are experiencing. Didn't want the engine to run dry of course. So it varies from car to car i guess.

I have owned the 2011 A4 for 12 months and put 12k on it. Today the Add Oil light came on and the service manager told me that is normal, to just add a quart. I had the 15k service completed at the dealership, was very surprised that this happened at all or that it happened after only 4500 miles since the service. Is this common?
Thanks