Exactly which wheel spacers should I buy?

CROCOP

Reaction score
I'm looking for 20 at the back, 10 at the front. Looking for an direct link if possible. Car is S3 Sportback 2018

Cheers!

Actually, while I'm here - is anyone running this exact setup? How does it feel from normal stock? I'm not looking to tear around corners, I just want it to feel either the same, or better. I don't want to have to work harder to keep the car on the road etc

Fancied spacers myself for my S3 Saloon since I’m definitely keeping it, just to fill the arches a bit better though, nothing too wide.
Can’t remember the best sizes, possibly 10mm front & 15mm back?
Also, what are people using for security bolts?

Cheers.

Reactions: Rob2k68
As in what length?

Damian @ DPM Performance
Yes as the spacers are 15 and 20mm is there a longer set of locking wheel bolts to go with it. Can get longer standard wheel bolts, just not sure on the locking bolts.

20mm spacers will be bolt on so you can use the standard wheel bolts and locking wheel bolts but for the 15mm you'd need 14x1.5x42mm from someone like McGard.

Damian @ DPM Performance

20mm spacers will be bolt on so you can use the standard wheel bolts and locking wheel bolts but for the 15mm

Should that be the other way round Damien?

Playing devils advocate for a moment most cars have a wider front track than the rear deliberately due to chassis dynamics and weight/load transfer upon breaking/cornering from diagonal wheels so for example rear near side to front off side.

The S3 front is 24mm wider than rear. If you fit 10mm wider spacers per rear wheel this difference in track reduces to 4mm. Are you not then risking dialling understeer back into the way the car handles ?

I’d personally fit similar size spacers front to rear 8/12 or at a push 10/15 but lots have gone with 10/20 so can’t be too bad ;o)

Playing devils advocate for a moment most cars have a wider front track than the rear deliberately due to chassis dynamics and weight/load transfer upon breaking/cornering from diagonal wheels so for example rear near side to front off side.

The S3 front is 24mm wider than rear. If you fit 10mm wider spacers per rear wheel this difference in track reduces to 4mm. Are you not then risking dialling understeer back into the way the car handles ?

I’d personally fit similar size spacers front to rear 8/12 or at a push 10/15 but lots have gone with 10/20 so can’t be too bad ;o)
Has anyone gone 20/20 at all?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Has anyone gone 20/20 at all?

I don’t know to be honest but I’ve heard of 12/12

Are you lowered or any plans to ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t know to be honest but I’ve heard of 12/12

Are you lowered or any plans to ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
May lower but wanted to see what the wheels looked like just filling the arches a bit more. Figured I could swap out the front ones as and when I lowered if required.

I have so many questions on lowering!

Reactions: Rob2k68
No.

Damian @ DPM Performance
I'm trying to work out how if I fit spacers that are 20mm I don't need longer bolts, but if I fit thinner spacers I do need longer bolts. I hope you can see my confusion.

Narrow spacers are just drilled out flat plates so need longer bolts, wide spacers have threaded studs attached so just use standard bolts.
7e32f2f53378cfd43d11a023a8b6c793.jpg

4a4ab5becc461c7f5edecf447a3d8753.jpg

Reactions: Leevr
Narrow spacers are just drilled out flat plates so need longer bolts, wide spacers have threaded studs attached so just use standard bolts.
7e32f2f53378cfd43d11a023a8b6c793.jpg

4a4ab5becc461c7f5edecf447a3d8753.jpg
Went to buy spacers. Rear 20mm H & R spacers, gives me the option for longer bolts and locking bolts, as did the 15mm spacers.
Screenshot 20181027 180812 Chrome

20mm are a bolt on spacers where as 18mm and less is bolt through.

Damian @ DPM Performance
Damian, I get that, just querying why the H & R spacers gives me the option for longer bolts if their not needed. I assume they're just looking for unwitting customers to spend out on unnecessary bolts for the 20mm spacers. More money in their pocket. As on the site I linked it doesn't state what you've said. Might email them to clarify with them and let them know what you've said.

What has everyone done about locking wheel bolts. 42mm long. Anyone got a link for audi compatible locking bolts their using please.

@Martinbanshee did you ever fit spacers? If so which ones did you go for and did you use locking wheel bolts? Unfortunately @CROCOP is no longer registered on the site as the OP if the thread to ask aswell.