Evo's first review of the FL RS3 SB

wab172uk

Now in an X3 M40i And a Yaris GR-Four
Reaction score
Reactions: Thundercliffe81, Splathead and Snake Pliskin
Nice find and very positive review.

They do praise the new cars ride & handling which will make some of the 'enthusiasts' happy :)
Sounds very promising ...... but a price hike of £5k to £45k for the sportback and a modest premium for the saloon ouch !
Hmm, need to see what equipment is standard to justify that price if it is accurate and then see if the new car tax is on top of that.

All very encouraging regardless for the car itself.

Still only an estimated price of £45k.

50K, Ok its a powerful bit of kit and it looks the part (Love the Saloons) but for gods sake, it's an A3

Reactions: deanshaw24, Jassyo06 and Thundercliffe81
Emailed a family friend who works at Audi and he said nothing about the books opening in April. Wouldn't be ready to collect in till Sep anyway but very much a contender at the right price. Really don't want to spend anymore than 45k, but if it starts at 45k, as people say, it's 50k by time you add nicer wheels, black pack, sport exhaust and super sport seats. All a must IMO

Reactions: Jassyo06
Same logic applies to a TT, A5, A6 etc then? Unless we're talking about R8's, all the other RS's have to be based on a platform?

Quite. Although seems a little harder to swallow when you start further down the food chain. All subjective of course.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Thundercliffe81
Hopefully the car will come pretty loaded anyway, but things I won't be selecting, and saving Thousands. Dynamic ride, Virtual cockpit
Unless you're renting, IMO you'll lose money by not getting those two things when it comes to trying to sell it again. You'll find no-one wants to buy a model without those and you'll end up having to reduce the price to get a sale. It's the same with the dynamic package on the current model.

Very positive review!
It doesn't look like a review based on actually having driven one though. I note the complete lack of anything other than press photos. I could have written that review.

Reactions: OD8 and FBF01
It doesn't look like a review based on actually having driven one though. I note the complete lack of anything other than press photos. I could have written that review.
They drove it. The Top Gear refers to the review being performed in Oman.

Also Thomas from Autofugehl replied to a tweet of mine and indicated he will have a video review of it up on Youtube within days.

Reactions: Jassyo06, FBF01 and Thundercliffe81
Two pics of the saloon and Sportback in the wild, presumably Oman (even though I disagree about the comment saying the saloon looks better!):

Very good reviews so far by both EVO and Top Gear. Both saying more entertaining to drive ..... and no understeer !! It's all looking very positive.

Not long now and the Audi Configurator will go live. Love the viper green ...... but not brave enough to order it !!!

2 extremely positive reviews. Sounds like audi have almost nailed it. Let's hope they don't kill with a silly price tag

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Great to see an RS get a good write up for a change.

The price increase is crazy....they'll probably blame it on BREXIT. Everyone else does!

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Thundercliffe81
IMG 3602

Another review ...

http://www.pistonheads.com/road-tests/audi/audi-rs3-driven/35931

Last edited:
Reactions: BarryG79 and Jassyo06
What is it about this forum......talking about order books opening in such and a date etc etc blah de blah it's not a frickin race to get one is it??? Rumour ****** control, Audi has said and l Quote
ARRIVING LATE 2017

Anyway rant over, car will be awesome,Price £45 000 ish,that's what l have said for months is it expensive ****** right it is, your paying for that engine,but in the same hand a S3 saloon can easily hit £45000 which is uber expensive and in my opinion has very poor residuals when loaded,l don't take no notice of car reviews l buy what l think is the right car for me, looking forward to seeing it in the showroom

Reactions: deanshaw24 and Snake Pliskin
Unless you're renting, IMO you'll lose money by not getting those two things when it comes to trying to sell it again. You'll find no-one wants to buy a model without those and you'll end up having to reduce the price to get a sale. It's the same with the dynamic package on the current model.

One thing you really don't need with this new engine is the sports exhaust, it pops and bangs at will on gear upshift/downshifts and it's extremely loud,yeah the sports exhaust will add for more depth to the sound but that the standard set will more than enough for most people ,magride is a must as standard suspension is far too hard,for me personally

Reactions: Radman and Snake Pliskin
What is it about this forum......talking about order books opening in such and a date etc etc blah de blah it's not a frickin race to get one is it??? Rumour ****** control, Audi has said and l Quote
ARRIVING LATE 2017

Anyway rant over, car will be awesome,Price £45 000 ish,that's what l have said for months is it expensive ****** right it is, your paying for that engine,but in the same hand a S3 saloon can easily hit £45000 which is uber expensive and in my opinion has very poor residuals when loaded,l don't take no notice of car reviews l buy what l think is the right car for me, looking forward to seeing it in the showroom

I don't understand what the problem is. This is a forum of enthusiasts and people who may be keen to purchase the car, why wouldn't we talk about when the order books may open and deliveries might start? I can't see any harm in it. I also think that the consensus now is that deliveries start August 2017.

Reactions: D0C
One thing you really don't need with this new engine is the sports exhaust, it pops and bangs at will on gear upshift/downshifts and it's extremely loud,yeah the sports exhaust will add for more depth to the sound but that the standard set will more than enough for most people ,magride is a must as standard suspension is far too hard,for me personally
I think it's time to give up Jassy and go get a Lexus hybrid or a merc e class..... nice and quiet and a smooth ride. You've changed, something going on I think

I think it's time to give up Jassy and go get a Lexus hybrid or a merc e class..... nice and quiet and a smooth ride. You've changed, something going on I think

Changed? could be just temporarily that will no doubt change once l see it in the metal lol , l just realised after posting a few photos of the TTRS l drove at the start of the week, it had the chrome exhaust embellishments ie no sports exhaust, and it was more than loud enough,popped and crackled very nicely for me.

I don't understand what the problem is. This is a forum of enthusiasts and people who may be keen to purchase the car, why wouldn't we talk about when the order books may open and deliveries might start? I can't see any harm in it. I also think that the consensus now is that deliveries start August 2017.
Until the official launch in the UK has been done,prices announced/pcp implemented and it's available to order on the Audi website via the configurator only then will l look at getting one anything said prior to all of this is educated guess work that's how l honestly see it

Changed? could be just temporarily that will no doubt change once l see it in the metal lol , l just realised after posting a few photos of the TTRS l drove at the start of the week, it had the chrome exhaust embellishments ie no sports exhaust, and it was more than loud enough,popped and crackled very nicely for me.
Does the ttrs sports exhaust have black tips? The rs3 8v sports is chrome I know on rs4 and 5 they were black on sports

August deliveries will not be the UK #justsaying

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't want it in August anyway...surely in the UK you'd be holding out for the new registrations in September.

Won't be then either. Even Audi website says late 2017.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

In Sweden order book is gonna be opened soon and delivery around sept/oct and it can be e pre serie of numbered cars as they did 2015?

For resale, it's a must have.

Agreed. Looking on Autotrader, cars without dynamic pack just don't sell.

****** hell, restricting yourself a bit...it's winter months in the UK most of the time!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
****** hell, restricting yourself a bit...it's winter months in the UK most of the time!

Especially up here in Scotland l will wait and get the perfect spec for myself as this car is a keeper for me, not paying up anymore after this yin.and hopefully my son won't go to BMW

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I'd actually just spec the sportback with better wheels, black styling pack and super sports seats and get an aftermarket exhaust. As was the dynamic pack not 1,700 the last time? Frankly don't care about adaptive chassis control between comfort etc

I might just spec ceramic brakes next time & blow my extras budget on that alone :)

Reactions: Radman