Everyone Is SELLING UP

indiemike

ZoomZoom
Reaction score
Just been looking and noticed that there is a large number of people selling up the S3s

Ive only got a few days left with the car, its finally dawning on me now that its about to go and im getting rather sad:crying:

Its been by far the best car ive drove and owned

But since ive been looking for a Seat TDI FR/Cupra ive been on several forums for seats and gotta say...... There not very helpful

If you post something on here ive noticed that normally within 10min someone is more than happy to help, is by far the best forum around and ill be still posting on here long after the S3 has gone

Just wanna say Thanks to everyone thats helped over the past year, no problem to small someone has been more than happy to help
:icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

I love my S3, wanted one for ages and had it 2.5 years now.

Sadly the rising cost of fuel and the fact that I do near on 400 miles a week means I may have to let it go, really don't want to but i'm beginning to begrudge putting £70 + in my tank a week which pretty much just covers my commute to work !

Sadly the rising cost of fuel and the fact that I do near on 400 miles a week means I may have to let it go, really don't want to but i'm beginning to begrudge putting £70 + in my tank a week which pretty much just covers my commute to work !

I know what you mean. Petrol prices are getting stupid now so its gotta go

I'm not selling up, almost 10 years of S3 ownership, and unless I can find something suitable to replace it with, she's not going nowhere.

Goodluck with your next purchase Mike, and at the very least, it shares the same platform as your S3, so most of your answers can be found on here still. :)

I'll be sad to see an Fellow Imola Yellow (see what I did there?!) dude go.

Good luck with the new motor mate, may it bring you many miles of cheap motoring! Just think of the 50 MPG average you'll get.....

Get yourself a motorbike for commuting. My Thunderace will allegedly do 0-60 in ~4s and still gives me 50+mpg!! 150 miles a week, and ~£16 in petrol

Cheers,

I'm not selling up, almost 10 years of S3 ownership

10 years!!! Woww! I'd love to buy a S3 but i cant afford to just yet. Maybe in a few years :) And i swore to myself i'll probably only buy off somebody off here!!

10 years!!! Woww! I'd love to buy a S3 but i cant afford to just yet. Maybe in a few years :) And i swore to myself i'll probably only buy off somebody off here!!

Almost, it's just over 9 years now I think, and approx. 60k miles on the clock, hardly use it.

Get yourself a motorbike for commuting. My Thunderace will allegedly do 0-60 in ~4s and still gives me 50+mpg!! 150 miles a week, and ~£16 in petrol

Cheers,

Sadly not a fan of bikes, plus I don't imagine it would be to good in the winter !

I'd like the mpg though :hubbahubba:

I'll be sad to see an Fellow Imola Yellow (see what I did there?!) dude go.

Good luck with the new motor mate, may it bring you many miles of cheap motoring! Just think of the 50 MPG average you'll get.....

All im thinking at the min is 50mpg and my mate could map it on the cheap... So 190Bhp 280ish FtLb

Only way i can kinda keep a half smile on my face with getting rid of the S3

True about this forum being best ! I had a few questions on my mk2, i got one answer. Good luck with the seat if you get one, be fun to blast along the motorway though with all that torque!>

almost 3 yrs for me and i will change to an 8P when the prices come down a little more..... thats if i dont buy an RS4 first :( tempted by the dark side i am

im totally gutted to be selling mine, ive waited so long to own an audi, i finally get one and the cost of living goes through the roof, typical!!

not had her long, and have loved every minute of owning it, yes even during the bad times lol

my idea's for replacements are s13, civic ek4/9, maybe some sort of bmw although not keen, cheap motoring for me all the way now though, how boring, may have to do my cbt and get an rs125 to keep me entertained during the summer :)

I've been thinking of selling my S3 too, there's some very nice S4 B5's i'm tempted by! Good by any kind of fuel economy though, they've got a 2.7 twin turbo!

I am only selling mine to start a business.
If I wasn't doing that there is no way I would sell mine even though I can only just afford to run it nowadays.

If things go well I think i would probably aim for an RS4 as my next decent car as well either that or an M3. :D

Sorry but I find the 8p a let down I just think Audi wussed out on the body styling. Performance and interior are spot on but looks like a S line :(

yep my thoughts exactly Finger....... which is why i dont wana break my back buying one

i still dont agree with that, unless you are doing over a certain mileage pa the premium you pay to change a car, then the premium for the diesel, it will take longer than you think to break even

i still dont agree with that, unless you are doing over a certain mileage pa the premium you pay to change a car, then the premium for the diesel, it will take longer than you think to break even

It's always funny to see people talk about this premium to own a diesel car, this premium is still there come resale time, diesels hold value better than petrol models, that's a fact. So there is no need to X amount of mileage to break even.

but you will still have a cost to change which will more than likely be over 1k in most circumstances unless your extremely lucky to get what you want privately and buy cheap privately..... plus you will pay a slight premium which will also devalue over time as with most cars - then you have any issues from owning the new car to sort out to make sure its running right, dependent on year of course

I reckon if I get rid of mine in the next 12 months I will go for a Mk4 GT TDI Golf. I'd love some decent mpg for a change.

Problem is everytime I sit in / see / drive the S3 any thoughts of selling go out the window !

fuel prices is a small factor in my reason of sale, the s3 is deffo a thirsty car, but so would we if we had to carry 1400kg all those miles lol

dont think i would ever go down the diesel route, i just dont do the miles to justify the sacrifice of performance, having said that the new diesels are pretty dam impressive and quiet and still give decent mpg but are way out of my price range, especially at the moment lol

im without a doubt that i will own another audi as soon as im flush, ill try my best to keep tabs on my current one when its gone with the hope of some day buying it back, that would rock, i'll never be happy again untill im sat in something with 4 rings on the grille :kissmyrings:

£70 would last me about 2 or 3 months lol

had my car 4 years, every year i say im going to sell up,
even test drove a v8 bmw m5 but that still wasn't enough to make me part with it
best car i ever had by miles

:wtf:70 quid lasts you a week ...im lucky if it lasts me a night ,even if i drive sensablyish 2 days max ,my tank must have a leak:icon_thumright:

£70 for 2 days ??

I think I'd stop driving all together at them prices, in fact I'd have to...

If you think the S3 is thirsty - for the performance its actually pretty good.

Otherwise, try the B5 RS4 - I've got both, and the S3 is the sensible car I use for work mile as I can see 30+mpg on a motorway run. I am resisting any need to buy a diseasal.

You S3 boys have it good, I'm getting 15.8 mpg average in my RX-8. Doing the same journeys in the S3 I used to get 22 mpg. The worst thing is the RX-8 is thirsty absolutely everywhere, even on motorways the best I can muster is 21 mpg, at least the S3 could get you 30mpg+ fairly easily.

If you think the S3 is thirsty - for the performance its actually pretty good.

Otherwise, try the B5 RS4 - I've got both, and the S3 is the sensible car I use for work mile as I can see 30+mpg on a motorway run. I am resisting any need to buy a diseasal.

I actually think the S3 is good on fuel or a 200+ bhp 4x4 hot hatch but theres no denying 50mpg would make my wallet happier :icon_thumright:

Last edited: