Etron 50 - New company car option on salary sacrifice .. (New option to me to consider..) ARVAL Ignition ?

Hambee1234

A4 BE currently... Etron 55 BE on order...
Reaction score
Hi All,
Not many posts on the E-tron 50 (BE) on the forum, so thought I would look to start one ... and get some help along the way..

I am looking at a new Etron 50 BE on a new option available from my employer under salary sacrifice, which allows me to take out an EV only car but with full insurance and servicing, just like a normal company car option, but I pay for the car (pre tax / salary sacrifice) and not via the normal P11D tax method.. so this offers me a wider options of cars to chose from over and above the standard car list available to all from my company.

Any one else did this? .... Can you offer any advice ?

And does any one have a 50 E-tron BE that they comment on ?

Range etc..?

I also have a large do , Alaskan malamute and that's why I am looking to do something like this and drop the A4/A6 as I can only get saloon options on the crappy car scheme unless I take the EV salary sacrifice which is called "Arval ignition"... (The lease co..)

thanks all for any info.. feedback,

J.

That is a big dog lol

Reactions: Hambee1234
Hi, yeah he's just over a year old now.. and aint stopped growing yet.. and I need to get an SUV / Pick up / Large estate or something sorted soon.. @NHN :smile new:

Reactions: NHN
Given the size, question is how good are they at jumping up, as if not so then needs to be a low boot line with a fairly flat edge, also height is key by looks of those dogs, low loader like an a6 maybe little short on height, so maybe a q5 or something is better but that, iirc, has a higher boot line, lifting the dog would be fun lol.

How about a trailer? Lol

Given the size, question is how good are they at jumping up, as if not so then needs to be a low boot line with a fairly flat edge, also height is key by looks of those dogs, low loader like an a6 maybe little short on height, so maybe a q5 or something is better but that, iirc, has a higher boot line, lifting the dog would be fun lol.

How about a trailer? Lol
Loki (my malamute) would jump in on command to the car as he loves getting in the car and heading out as he knows its a "big" walk coming up for him.
Q5 isn't in my options unfortunately for company car or that would have been my choice tbh..
I really do think that my employer is wanting to point us company car drivers towards the full EV route via the new package on offer which to be fair to them does open me up to lots of options and brands.
I looked also at the Q4 Etron but not a fan unfortunately.
I dont want to say iX3 from BM, as although its an EV its just an old stlye X3 with an EV drivetrain.. (old Dash layout etc..) but it does have a good boot layout / size for my needs with the dog.

I have a 24hr test drive coming up in a few weeks on the Etron and will scope it out with the dog then.

Trailer could be an option.... good call there... thanks ! (Any dog trailer recommendations welcome - :smile new: )

Can't give any useful advice but I've seen a few "Polstars" 2/3 versions out on the road and just from looks alone they look to be quite a good EV option.
Could be wrong but I think they're something to do with Volvo.

Volvo & Geely (Chinese).
You’ll probably find half if not more of the parts for all ev are made in China anyway.
Volvos are nice. Xc40 or xc60 but lead times for them is like 12months +
salary sacrifice is only beneficial on Evs at the moment. BIK is a killer on anything with an engine even hybrids.
I would say at the moment if you gonna get an ev get a Tesla. Quick delivery and it’s the benchmark all other evs are measured against.
the Kia ev6 is a nice overall car but you want the higher spec ones and it gets very close to Tesla money. Was like £20 difference on my salary sacrifice scheme between model y and ev6 gt line s awd

Timing of a bit of activity on my thread is funny..... As this morning I actually went ahead and ordered via ARVAL a 55 Etron Black edition (In black ..again..)
Went for a test drive last weekend and it ticks all the boxes, Quattro, big enough for the dog and kids, and the (real world) EV range is within my needs. (and its an Audi..)

But heard good things also about the Polestar, and teslas, but I really needed that bigger boot area,

Timing of a bit of activity on my thread is funny..... As this morning I actually went ahead and ordered via ARVAL a 55 Etron Black edition (In black ..again..)
Went for a test drive last weekend and it ticks all the boxes, Quattro, big enough for the dog and kids, and the (real world) EV range is within my needs. (and its an Audi..)

But heard good things also about the Polestar, and teslas, but I really needed that bigger boot area,
What was the lead time?
I’ve been quoted over a year for the etron and similar with Volvos. Kia and Tesla within 6 months. Don’t like waiting for cars:wink:

What was the lead time?
I’ve been quoted over a year for the etron and similar with Volvos. Kia and Tesla within 6 months. Don’t like waiting for cars:wink:
Was quoted 6/7 months for the Etron 55BE version , aiming for December / Jan23, but just waiting now to see what they officially come back with . I was told by Audi dealers that they have closed the orders for the new Q4 until they can catch up as some are quoted at 18 months plus ‍♂️

Was quoted 6/7 months for the Etron 55BE version , aiming for December / Jan23, but just waiting now to see what they officially come back with . I was told by Audi dealers that they have closed the orders for the new Q4 until they can catch up as some are quoted at 18 months plus ‍♂️
that’s quite quick and hope you get it in that timescale.
I saw the q4, it’s a bit small I think and I wasn’t sold on it as I need a good sized family car for the mrs to go along with my s3 as it’s been a bit of a struggle going anywhere with suitcases and bikes and kids stuff.
still undecided what to get. Model y is good bang for buck and the performance model isn’t a huge amount more expensive on salary sacrifice. Mercs offerings eqb or c is quite nice but again long lead times.

Fingers crossed it works out ok for me and the lead time is right as I have tried to align it with my current A4 going back so here’s hoping .
I had shortlisted the Etron and BMW ix3 but the Etron won …

Reactions: AlS3BE
Fingers crossed it works out ok for me and the lead time is right as I have tried to align it with my current A4 going back so here’s hoping .
I had shortlisted the Etron and BMW ix3 but the Etron won …
I would say etron looks better than ix3, like you say it looks dated already so didn’t make my shortlist also with bmw tendencies to cancel orders I wasn’t even going there. My neighbour has had 3 cancellations from lease companies and dealers already so gave up and ordered an Audi but was still quoted 8-9 months.
I think a lot of manufacturers are focusing production on Evs and not ice cars so Evs seems to get delivered a bit faster.

I would say etron looks better than ix3, like you say it looks dated already so didn’t make my shortlist also with bmw tendencies to cancel orders I wasn’t even going there. My neighbour has had 3 cancellations from lease companies and dealers already so gave up and ordered an Audi but was still quoted 8-9 months.
I think a lot of manufacturers are focusing production on Evs and not ice cars so Evs seems to get delivered a bit faster.
Will give you an update when I hear anything on the lead time once the order works it way through Arval and into Audi etc …
With the salary sacrifice scheme and my car allowance this was a no brainer for me to do . Hope you get something sorted .

Reactions: AlS3BE
Hi , got an date from Audi for November so assume December at the dealers and it being ready to be released to me … here’s hoping … but I have seen this on an order form that was shared to me so

I have also been advised that it will be a MY2023 variant of the 55 BE … which audi can’t confirm to me what the MY23 version offers …which is frustrating