ETKA help on horn wiring

KrisKrk

A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant
Reaction score
Anyone with ETKA around here?
Looking for wiring diagram for dual tone horn on 2010 A6 C6 Avant.

From what I have googled around, there is a relay cluster in drivers footwell panel, underneath steering wheel. It is the one with 15 relays and one for horns is No.1.
Can someone confirm, please.

Near side fuse box has a fuse for horn but looking to tap into the wire after the steering wheel and presume it will be on the relay.

Dual tone horns have two separate pairs if wires, one pair for each tone but cannot trace where they going to and if they have two terminal/outlets from relay or simply they split from the same relay terminal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from H P20 PRO

ETKA will not show you the wiring... For that you'd need ELSA :)

Reactions: Darren92 and KrisKrk
Hope this helps.
Upload 2019 5 27 14 14 39

Upload 2019 5 27 14 16 22

Upload 2019 5 27 14 20 29

Reactions: KrisKrk
Cannot work out the pictures and read the writing.

Fuse layout diagram is fine and allowed me to find the relays but wiring is not the same colour as it is by horns.
There must be some sort of connector on the way from the relay to both horns.
If there are two pairs of cables, one pair for each tone, that means, they have to split somewhere.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

I need to tap in to the cables that go to horns do I can install a latching switch.
Switch will allow me to change between oem horns and the air horn I have installed.
Don't want it to blast same time as normal horns or disable horns for the air horn only.

Already have cables run between the engine bay and the cabin.
Still deciding where to mount that switch, as would like it to be accessible but nit as visible. It is also lit with red led when on so don't want to annoy me during driving.

Sent from H P20 PRO

The wire colors for the horns are brown and green/blue. (That's a predominantly green wire with a blue tracer). The Brown being the earth side and the green/blue the 12v feed. The pairs of wires from the horns join in the harness and make their way back to the relay. The green/ blue wire passes through a red 17 pin connector by the A pillar. There is a group of connectors behind the kick panels in the footwells. The red connector is on the passenger side.
You could pick the green/blue wire up at the relay or by this connector.
I would wire a toggle switch S1 in to swap the power to either the horns or the air horn H1 .
Horn

Reactions: KrisKrk
The wire colors for the horns are brown and green/blue. (That's a predominantly green wire with a blue tracer). The Brown being the earth side and the green/blue the 12v feed. The pairs of wires from the horns join in the harness and make their way back to the relay. The green/ blue wire passes through a red 17 pin connector by the A pillar. There is a group of connectors behind the kick panels in the footwells. The red connector is on the passenger side.
You could pick the green/blue wire up at the relay or by this connector.
I would wire a toggle switch S1 in to swap the power to either the horns or the air horn H1 .
View attachment 184151
Great diagram. Thank you.

I was planning to tap the switch just by the relay so I don't splice any loom on the way.

Will check it out again today.

Appreciate your in depth cable run layout

Sent from H P20 PRO

Found the wires.
Thank you again, Karl.

Managed to connect it all as wanted, apart from led light on the switch, just to find an air horn fail.
Compressor works, I can hear it, but not the horn.
As I have installed in such a stupid place (behind the grille, on the crash bar) think might just leave it for now.
I know the wiring is good so will get to the compressor next time I'm getting the bumper off.

Still haven't decided on the switch location but I've run the cables to the middle console/armrest area.
Will be doing the works there soon so will think of the exact switch placing.

Sent from H P20 PRO

Reactions: desertstorm