ET35 OR 45?

cam87

Reaction score
Hi, im looking at some aftermarket wheels for my S3 and from what I understand the et45 would be a better option and wouldn't require lowering or spacers to look ok?
Can anyone advise please?

Hi, im looking at some aftermarket wheels for my S3 and from what I understand the et45 would be a better option and wouldn't require lowering or spacers to look ok?
Can anyone advise please?

Hi Cam, the offset you can fit under the arch depends on the width of the wheel, are you talking about 8.5J? If so, you'll rub at +35, but at +45 you'll have room to spare on a 235 tyre.

** Edit** - That's assuming you've got a hatch, is it a saloon, as they have wider arches?

Cheers

Hi Cam, the offset you can fit under the arch depends on the width of the wheel, are you talking about 8.5J? If so, you'll rub at +35, but at +45 you'll have room to spare on a 235 tyre.

** Edit** - That's assuming you've got a hatch, is it a saloon, as they have wider arches?

Cheers
sorry forgot to mention they will be 18x8 and its a hatch.

thanks

sorry forgot to mention they will be 18x8 and its a hatch.

thanks

You should just about get away with an offset of +35 with an 8J wheel on a 225 tyre. My set up with my usual spacers (8.5x19 at ET48 plus an 8mm spacer) fills out the arches 1.3mm more than yours would at +35 and 8J, but it's borderline for a hatch, particularly if you're thinking about lowering. If you go with the +45s, it gives you the option of adding a spacer later if you want to fill out the arch more. You could comfortably add up to an 8mm spacer to an ET 45 8J wheel and still drop the ride height without any issue.

What wheels are you thinking about going with?

thanks for the reply.

Im not 100% sure yet I was thinking of the autec wheels based on the fact they are cheap to buy and supposed to be decent. I don't want to really lower the car or anything to be honest just fit and forget if possible but im aware that aftermarket wheels can look odd unless you lower the car

in the same situation as you, although ive got coilovers for my car already and dont want to buy the wrong offset

I am ET35 with 18x8 and 225/40 tyres, no rubbing issues at all.

stock, was considering lowering 10-20mm, cant see there being any issues...