ET26 on B8 A4 S-Line - fitment problems?

Teemsta

Reaction score
Hi,

Currently I have the standard 8J, ET47 18's fitted to my B8 A4. I've only had the car a couple of weeks, but I am looking to change the wheels as they need a refurb/ tyres all round.

I've spotted some on eBay for an RS5, they are 19's with the same width but have an ET of 26. I've looked online and know there will be a 21mm difference based on a fitment calculator, but in real world terms what effect would this have? Ie - would they stick out past the arch, rub or cause paintwork damage due to more grit etc flying up?

I know this is a bit of a noob question but I've been researching loads and can't seem to find the answer. I would go out with a tape and physically measure the gap from wheel to arch, but the cars currently in the bodyshop and the auction ends before I get it back!

Cheers

Well I have 25mm spacers on the back of mine with 8j wheels they do throw stones up yes, but I will be fitting 9.5j x 19" on the rear ET38 and 8.5j on the front ET30 and that should be flush with the arches so if that's anything to go off I would say yes you will be fine but aren't S5 wheels bigger centre bore???

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I ended up leaving them as the buyer advised at the last minute that they weren't genuine wheels. I've had issues with reps in the past so decided to walk away, I'll bear this advice in mind though as I never even considered centre bore size...doh!

The search continues...

Yeah try and stay genuine, the reps weigh a fair bit more too. Genuine ones will prob cost over 1k with tyres unless they are in poor condition.

As well as the offset difference between the wheels you also have to remember the s5 wheels are 1" wider [25mm] so this will also make the wheel stick out 12.5mm more from the mounting flange.

I like to use, will they fit.com it shows your old wheel and new wheel and tells you how much more it's going to stick out. Here's one I have done before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 201