Estoril blue s3 8p sportback

Where are the ridges on your diffuser?
C0723CC4 0F27 445B A861 4BBADF7162CD

There aha must of been a dodgey angle

View attachment 174624 Thanks for the replies and will look into those boxes And this is how my exhaust system looks the first picture is the small box added later on to tone things down slightly!
View attachment 174625
Looks like a nice system.

Only reason I can think of regarding why it drones, is because they both look the same and there probably both muffler type mufflers (haha) .... If there traditional muffler type then they'll be more focused on reducing overall noise compared to tone/drone ....

I think you could replace either muffler with a vibrant ultra quiet .... It will heavily reduce the noise .... In fact you probably could run just a vibrant ultra quiet in the middle position and remove both mufflers .... The vibrant resonators are developed (apparently) to be loud and straight through on full power .... But remove drone and be quiet on normal driving. The reviews speak for themselves ....

Lol and I'm not a rep .... Just listened to some cool vids of people using there products

Also I hate cruise drone .... Acceleration drone is fine .... Ish

Sent from my highchair using Tapacar

Finally had the car dyno’d again and it made 367hp and 345 ft/lb of torque which I’m a bit disappointed by if I’m honest..
upon speaking to my tuner he says the intake temps in his dyno cell were above 56 degrees which I’m aware would cause the car to pull some timing ? ( standard fmic )
So hopefully once I fit an aftermarket cooler the map can be tweaked..
3E015419 C42E 4D64 B8E6 AD9C854D379B
D10D3E83 E4FB 4EDB 97A7 C5A4C7F49296

Reactions: SPIKE_
I had 349bhp before fitting a Wagner IC, 381bhp after. Its not all about running cooler as the std IC on the later S3 is plastic and notorious for leaking boost.

Reactions: ElzLewis
Finally had the car dyno’d again and it made 367hp and 345 ft/lb of torque which I’m a bit disappointed by if I’m honest..
upon speaking to my tuner he says the intake temps in his dyno cell were above 56 degrees which I’m aware would cause the car to pull some timing ? ( standard fmic )
So hopefully once I fit an aftermarket cooler the map can be tweaked..
View attachment 181869 View attachment 181870
Car looking very nice :salute:

I’m sure your get the power to were you want it to be.

Reactions: ElzLewis
D46B2C27 A163 41B1 B32F 3FB4D36AB70C
I had 349bhp before fitting a Wagner IC, 381bhp after. Its not all about running cooler as the std IC on the later S3 is plastic and notorious for leaking boost.

Car looking very nice :salute:

I’m sure your get the power to were you want it to be.

Yea I’m unsure on which to go with ideally I’d pick up a good condition 2nd hand unit or go the welly cooler route but not a fan of cutting at stuff on this it’s not the same as chopping up my old 8l
Thanks!

Reactions: S.
Did you make any changes to the map? Or did you just swap out the standard for the Wagner?

Just a straight swap, the std is notorious for leaking boost at the joints, especially the later plastic ones.

View attachment 181894

Yea I’m unsure on which to go with ideally I’d pick up a good condition 2nd hand unit or go the welly cooler route but not a fan of cutting at stuff on this it’s not the same as chopping up my old 8l
Thanks!

I didn’t have to do any chopping to get mine in, had to disconnect the dog bone mount and push the engine back a couple mm to get the fans back in but no clearance issues now, had to trim one of the silicone pipes too as was a bit long but was a fairly easy fit and we didn’t even disconnect ac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a straight swap, the std is notorious for leaking boost at the joints, especially the later plastic ones.
Mine is the later plastic one I believe being 2012 ? Really wanting to find a 2nd Hand airtec/Wagner or peron cooler but seems no one wants to sell once they fit them which I understand ..

EDC8CEEC FE58 4CA0 B561 085DECAAC099
Not any real updates to this in a while,
Bought and fitted carbon mirrors / dynamic style indicators which is an improvement over my mismatched mirrors..
Also had the lower lip wrapped gloss black and going to get the rear diffuser section done at some point..
trying to free up cash to sort the droney exhaust and a decent FMIC setup..

B7147693 FF64 401C A3A1 A301B7A9A92E
9D710482 B2C4 4666 9D9C 97B297D31757
8CF353FC 7DEE 4384 A089 84219C44C911
Finally had the mapping sorted out on my car and now making better power ..
Was skeptical on the power figure until my tuner had recently dyno’d an R tech tuned Leon and that was within 2Bhp of R techs dyno so think it must be fairly accurate.. the Dyno was carried out in 4th gear I believe that’s usual practice on the DSG motors ?
also had some new Goodyear F1 supersports fitted which I’m hoping will be a vast improvement over the Falken 453’s I had on previously
Thanks!