ESP-Sensor Unit (G419) 2005 A4 B7 2.0tdi

nix

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2005 A4 B7 2.0 tdi. At first the traction light would come on during a short trip once i've applied brakes after restarting the car it would reset,now it is staying on constantly.
The diagnostic :
00493-ESP-Sensor Unit (G419)
008-Implausable signal.

Ive noticed that with the light on, if i'm making a sharp left/right turn(LOW SPEED) and pressing the brakes the abs kicks in.
I've rotated all 4 wheels,done an output test on the ABS all is working, cleaned and checked the wheel speed sensors(all recording the correct speed) Changed the brake light switch.
Any ideas as to what could be wrong or what to do?

Hi, Did you ever find a solution to this?

I have exactly the same problem when turning full lock left or right at very slow speeds i can feel the abs kicking in.
I also have the fault 00493, dont think it is brake sensors although its still a possibility but have got the ESP light permanently on and occasionally get brake (pad?) warnings when i start the car, though not very often.
I am led to beleive that changing the ESP sensor could fix this, but i havent gotten round to doing so yet.

2nd Question, i have bought an ESP sensor off of ebay, however i noticed when i went to change it that the part is not exactly, mine is exactly the same as this..(white one pictured)

However the one in the car is exactly the same as this, (black one pictured)

will it matter?

Thanks in advance!

Rob

Attachments

• New sensor.jpg
    New sensor.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 7,605
  • Current sensor.jpg
    Current sensor.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 7,978
have you tried the full battery short method to clear the problem in conjunction with the VCDS reset.
I had the same issue which just started after changing my brake pedal switch, was about to buy new parts until I did the above, rectified the problem straight away whereas the quick method didn't work, been fine since.

Just spotted i posted here ages ago, to update i replaced the 00493 part, got the wrong one first time around then ordered it from german ebay for about £40, it seemed to fix the weird feeling in the brake pedal when at full lock, though still having lots of problems with my esp on the whole (light not coming on at all!)