ESP Light on !!!

Digger1

Reaction score
OK my car was a little slow starting yesterday morning and the ESP light stayed on all the way to work about 5 miles from where I live,,, 9 hours later car started fine and after a short time the light went off.
Started this morning fine then about 4 miles from home ESP light came on so when I stopped at some traffic lights I turned the ign; off and started it back up after a short time it went off again... :wtf:

Anybody else had this ? early signs off battery failure possibly ?

Mine is doing this but I think that it may be an ABS fault cos it did not seem to cut in on locking up in the snow.Will have it scanned but do not think it is something simple like the brakeswitch

Mine is doing this but I think that it may be an ABS fault cos it did not seem to cut in on locking up in the snow.Will have it scanned but do not think it is something simple like the brakeswitch

mines been working as normal in the snow, and I've done over 50 miles now without the light coming back on, but still had it scanned the only fault code it's showing is steering angle sensor ! thing is snow,ice,salt & grit aren't the best ingredients for elec; connections and sensors,,, may just wait to see if it comes back on now the white stuffs gone !

brake switch and ****** batt can cause it
get a scan

Just scanned no faults also charged battery made a few short trips and no show for the light so will wait and see what happens

Just scanned no faults also charged battery made a few short trips and no show for the light so will wait and see what happens

Yeah I reckon a short drop in battery power and the module just throws up the ESP light mines still not come back on...