ESP fault poll

Do you occasionally get 'ESP fault see manual' briefly appear on dash at startup?

• Yes - 2006 car

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - 2007 car

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No - 2006 car

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No - 2007 car

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

steve184

Reaction score
Just trying to gather some data about this supposed 'intended characteristic', as audi have told me.

Does your 06/07 A3 give you a regular brief 'ESP fault see handbook' warning message on the dash upon startup, which then immediately disappears leaving no warning lights lit?

Last edited:
Till I upgraded my Battery My 07 170 TDI did. On any of the years you have described most would be due a battery now especially the oil burners!

ok - interesting. Interestingly mine didn't do it for first year but has done ever since (mine also 170 TDI) - still on original battery, but it does start the car fine still every time - no issues - guess the next winter will be the ultimate test....

you would have thought a premium company such as audi would have designed this into the electronics so the car didn't tell you there is a fault when there isn't one

ok - interesting. Interestingly mine didn't do it for first year but has done ever since (mine also 170 TDI) - still on original battery, but it does start the car fine still every time - no issues - guess the next winter will be the ultimate test....

you would have thought a premium company such as audi would have designed this into the electronics so the car didn't tell you there is a fault when there isn't one

From what i can understand/read on here it is actually correct to flag a fault if the voltage is low. Do a few search's on here to find out more.
For some though a proper pain that the Audi vorsprung can't seem to help with.

yes but shouldn't it be a 'battery low' fault/warning - isn't there an orange battery dash warning when voltage low - surely this should come up as it would be more to the point than telling me my EPS is faulty - this is my point.

yes but shouldn't it be a 'battery low' fault/warning - isn't there an orange battery dash warning when voltage low - surely this should come up as it would be more to the point than telling me my EPS is faulty - this is my point.

In my case I had the beep about 2 wks till my battery let go and only then did the orange light come on. It might be worth doing a drop test??
Your daily commute might be putting enough juice back so as to just keep you alive as it were.

This has just happened to me for the 1st time since ownership. It is ****** cold outside right now so this could have affected the battery I guess. Is there anymore info on this anywhere?