ESP fault - due to? Battery died or uneven tyre tread?

S3RYE

Interior Next!!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Cutting a long story short my battery died on me sitting idle (had iPhone on charge and radio on for around an hour so understandable)

The car wouldn't turn over and came up with ESP fault. So anyway got the battery sorted an cars back running but I still have ESP FAULT and traction light ON permanently.

Is it something to do woth the battery dying or is it just a conincidental timing and more to do with the fact I have fresh rubber on front and around 2mm on the rear? As I've heard difference in the rolling radius can affect ESP? Just seems strange I haven't had the fault once since I had the Tyres fitted last week!

Any helps appreciated!

Thanks

Have you driven the car on the road or just fitted the battery and started it ? Those warning lights come on after every battery disconnect but usually clear after driving a few hundred yards.

Maybe need to clear the fault with VCDS. Not likely to be anything to do with tyres.

Have you driven the car on the road or just fitted the battery and started it ? Those warning lights come on after every battery disconnect but usually clear after driving a few hundred yards.

Maybe need to clear the fault with VCDS. Not likely to be anything to do with tyres.

all gone now.. :blush: