ESP/ABS , Parking Brake Malfunction help

AlanJM

Reaction score
I have a 2008 A4 B8 S-Line been running absolutely fine until yesterday where I burled round on the road and ping get a warning of parking brake malfunction and ESP/ABS fault , has anyone got any idea what this could be and if so is it easy to repair. I had this on a previous car (vauxhall insignia) and it was the wheel speed sensor which is prone to going on them also.
Thanks for any advice on this

could be one of the motors housings on the rear brakes that mounts to the caliper , motors seize up and crack the housing .

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanJM
Thanks for that mate I'll have it checked out at garage tomorrow , is this just a replacement easy job or is it a bank buster job

If everything looks okay on visual inspection can you get it scanned? If motors start to seize up they pull too much current. May be an under voltage fault and could do with basic settings being run.

Reactions: AlanJM
I'll show this to garage as I still have 1 week warranty left from buying it from them , total pain in the *** , handbrake still works perfectly , don't notice any difference on braking either. In saying that ive noticed since it's happened and a day before there's been a couple of second pause between the push start and car turning over