1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Errr you don't want to do that!!!

S32B Sep 15, 2018 at 3:36 PM

1. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member Audi A5 S tronic Coupe

This should 'maybe' be put in the detailing forum, but I thought I'd share it here as I know this is a very busy forum and most owners here are OCD about their cars....plus more people will see it & have a laugh here!

A mate sent me this as he was driving home through Warrington via this 'profesional hand car wash' :D

He posted it on the Ford forums and most of the comments he received couldn't see the problem!!!...I said I'd post it here to see the difference of opinions between owners...Audi vs ford :D

Jimbob76 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine! Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Team Scuba Supercharged Audi S4 Audi A3 Black Edition quattro

W.T.F. pressure washing the mitts on the ground and then using them to 'clean' the car. Is this another 'scratchless' hand car wash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. josul

josul Active Member Team Daytona Audi S3 Sportback S tronic

Ah that's how you rinse your mitt and here's us all buying grit guards...

Lehn and Tashfeen like this.
  5. A4A4

A4A4 Shiny Daytona

avoid these like the plague!

And some people pay for this service, Shocker.

Tashfeen likes this.
  6. oli356

oli356 Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi S3 S tronic

What's the problem, he is blasting the dirt off .... ;)

Well, they still clean the cars at least, swirls and scratches are a different matter! Which, most people don't care about because you can't exactly always see them. Or just don't give a monkeys anyway, which I understand.

I wonder if the next car was getting the "gold" package :)

Jimbob76 and A4A4 like this.
  7. A3_Rider

A3_Rider Well-Known Member

I always say if you use any car wash, except a well known detail expert of course, expect swirls.

I do use them, might not for a while though, otherwise start buying them clay bars and freeing up your weekends

8. RTS

RTS New Member

I passed this car wash on my way home from work yesterday! Defo avoiding this place, even if I am desperate to get the car cleaned

9. Adam14

Adam14 Active Member Team Ara Blue Audi S3 DSG

Oh wow. Only words I can muster.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

10. Ron240

Ron240 Breaking the stereotype Team Ara Blue Gold Supporter Black Edition S3 Saloon

I am still a member of a Focus ST forum after previously owning 2 of them, and can assure you they would be as horrified as everybody here after watching that video. :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:
    Ok I will admit to having a mild form of OCD when it comes to my cars(friends and colleagues would probably say severe), but there are very basic things you just don't do that everybody should be able to understand. :innocent:

11. Radford212

Radford212 Well-Known Member saloon Audi A4 Black Edition S-line owners group

I’m ignoring the fact they’re complete muppets and focusing on the great choice of song. Daughtry ft Slash :rockwoot:

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Jimbob76

Jimbob76 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S3 Black Edition Sportback

What the actual F :blink:!

Would never use a place like this myself, but know plenty do. There will be good places and bad places but that is truly incredible!

Hand car wash guys guys work their damn nuts off though, so I have to respect them for that - they are grafting to earn an honest living and still (example above aside) usually way better than one of these say goodbye to your clear coat spawn of Satan’s nutsack machines :puke2:

14C441F7-EC23-4D0E-BE88-E94619A6D942.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 8:57 PM
    oli356, Ron240 and Adam14 like this.
  14. Carefree69

Carefree69 Well-Known Member

Yep, it’s called lazy.

Ron240 likes this.
  15. Ron240

Ron240 Breaking the stereotype Team Ara Blue Gold Supporter Black Edition S3 Saloon

I agree......although they will counter this by saying they just don't have the time. :shrug:

Carefree69 likes this.
  16. Carefree69

Carefree69 Well-Known Member

You are spot on, although everyone from the Queen to a bacon packer in a scummy warehouse can spare half hour a week to clean a car.

No excuse but laziness.

Ron240 likes this.
  17. oli356

oli356 Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi S3 S tronic

Well some people don't care. If a car is a way of getting from a to b. Nothing more. Then why waste time cleaning the car.

I suppose some people also don't have facilities to clean them easily.

So yeah. Not sure if I'd agree by saying people who use car washes are lazy. Just a preference.

18. KenL

KenL Well-Known Member

A clay bar won't remove swirls, only surface contaminants.

19. Alan999

Alan999 Member

That the one on chester road at what used to be the riverside pub?

20. Kayobong

Kayobong Active Member Team Monsoon Audi A3 TDi

I saw a woman washing her car with baby wipes the other day, I literally stopped walking for a second in complete dismay. Not sure which is worse

Alan999 likes this.
  21. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

As is once a focus, mondeo and currently my partner has a new fiesta. Ron240, were you a moderator over at talkford?

22. Alan999

Alan999 Member

Actually.. baby wipes good for cleaning bike frame

23. Ron240

Yes. :innocent:

24. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Active Member

Nothing wrong with what those guy were doing as long as there’s no grit or **** on the ground then those mitts will be super clean. Wouldn’t let them near my car but I don’t let anyone clean my car not even the wife who knows I’m anal about it.

25. josul

josul Active Member Team Daytona Audi S3 Sportback S tronic

Or on the guys shoe as he steps on it to hold it in place. If I drop a cloth or mitt on the floor it's back in the wash for it before it sees the car again.