Error Free DRL kit for the 8P2 and B7 bi xenons.

Is there any way to modify this black box on my own or is it wiser to just wait for the new updated box? I assume that it requires some larger resistors with more resistance to fool the error protection? What is the current ohm-rating on the one thats there and what's needed to make it to work? :)

You can do them yourself but you may aswell wait, you paid me for the system, let me sort it out :D

as DG said, if you leave the DRL's on you shoudlnt get an error, I just asked a mate to pop over and have tried this and no errors came up, the DRL's where on so I can see why now.

So if you turn the DRLs off (to 0) then you get the error.

Go with a 10W, that's what they are been beefed upto.

Trups

You can do them yourself but you may aswell wait, you paid me for the system, let me sort it out :D

as DG said, if you leave the DRL's on you shoudlnt get an error, I just asked a mate to pop over and have tried this and no errors came up, the DRL's where on so I can see why now.

So if you turn the DRLs off (to 0) then you get the error.

Go with a 10W, that's what they are been beefed upto.

Trups
I always have the drl switch on "1" so I should be fine then. Will try in a moment :)

Ok I have installed them now but does seem to get that error no matter what I set the drl switch to.

Also I don't see any dimmed down effect when using drl and xenon. Did I do something wrong when installing them? Not that there is much that can go wrong.. :p

But besides from that they look really great :)

Last edited:
Did you connect the white connector to the sidelight? you have to look very carefully to see it Dim?

Also, you need to make sure the polarity on the white plug is the correct way around, Yellow on the new system in Live and black is Ground.

to make sure the Sidelight mode is working turn on sidelights and disconnect the DRL plug, if the bulb turns off then its not right. @Jamesh87 did you try that? that could possibly be why the error is there constant and not just when they are off.

Trups

Did you connect the white connector to the sidelight? you have to look very carefully to see it Dim?

Also, you need to make sure the polarity on the white plug is the correct way around, Yellow on the new system in Live and black is Ground.

to make sure the Sidelight mode is working turn on sidelights and disconnect the DRL plug, if the bulb turns off then its not right. @Jamesh87 did you try that? that could possibly be why the error is there constant and not just when they are off.

Trups
Maybe i'm totally lost here.. but i don't see any dim function no matter how hard i try.
Also, it does not seem to make any difference if i disconnect the drl connector and just use sidelight. Is this the correct behaviour? I can disconnect the drl-holder and still have light.

It looks like i have the same brightness when having the lightswitch in auto (with bi-xenon on) and when having it vertically (only drl).

What can i have done wrong? It can only be connected in one way as far as i see? (Yes i can flip the sidelight connector but only one way is working and that's how it's connected right now). The 1156-bulb can only be put in one way and is not polarity sensitive?

Maybe it will get sorted with new resistors?

Trups
My sidelights dim with the new bulbs (easier to check when in the daylight) when i first installed, mine didnt work as i had the sidelight connector in the wrong way, im pretty sure ive tried that trups but will have another go tomorrow

@berisen The new canceller wont cure that, the new canceller will be for the DRL side and not the sidelight part. The canceller is to sort the error from the DRL.

Get someone to stand in front of the car, turn DRL to on and then flick between DRL and sidelight and you will see it dimming. its hard to tell as its not a massive dim but good enough to dim them for night driving.

its the white connector that is polarity sensitive. turn DRLs to off, then turn on sidelights, it they work then you have connected them correctly, if they don't turn on in sidelight then they are wrong. then turn on DRL and then flick along and you will see them dim.

Trups

@berisen The new canceller wont cure that, the new canceller will be for the DRL side and not the sidelight part. The canceller is to sort the error from the DRL.

Get someone to stand in front of the car, turn DRL to on and then flick between DRL and sidelight and you will see it dimming. its hard to tell as its not a massive dim but good enough to dim them for night driving.

its the white connector that is polarity sensitive. turn DRLs to off, then turn on sidelights, it they work then you have connected them correctly, if they don't turn on in sidelight then they are wrong. then turn on DRL and then flick along and you will see them dim.

Trups
Just checked mine and they are correct. drls off and use as sidelights work perfect. Berisen it is a very slight dim you will see but it can deffo be seen

Reactions: t8ups

Trups
Ok thanks for explaining to a rookie, think i got it.

So, to sum it up. Since i got light in the led both in drl mode and when using sidelight only (and together with xenon) I have connected everything correctly? It's just that i cant notice the dimming but it's almost impossible in the garage in the dark when you are alone. :p.

Then it's just the light error that i cant get rid off even when turning drl to 1, hopefully the new canceller will fix that one. :) thanks for the assistance.

Last edited:
Unfortunately after 24 hours I am getting errors in all drl switch positions now.
It will be fixed quickly I'm sure.

They look great though.

Only getting the error when dark, when it's bright the error stays off.

Reactions: t8ups and Jamesh87
Are you still in the process of shipping out these orders as I've still to receive mine?

Hi all.

Done some testing today and worked out what canceller will be needed and have let the factory know, hopefully they can have beefed up parts here late next week so I can resume getting these out.

Thanks
Trups

Reactions: Jamesh87 and Carlos85
Sorry all.

They are working on them, due to the number needed he has had to get another factory involved, I will have another update later in the week.

I am pestering them every single day on this.

trups

Morning all. I have bought some modded componants from a uk supplier so im gonna start modding these myself and start getting through the back log.

Factory have also bought parts their end and are assembling them with a batch of modded drl's as we have beefed up the wiring also so hopefully i can have everything all out before the year is out so i can focus on selling these more in 2017.

Thank you for holding out guys, it will be worth the wait when you turn them on, trust me on this.

Trups

Reactions: Carlos85, dg-1984, Jamesh87 and 1 other person
Thats good news tups, brilliant lights i love mine, look forward to receiving the updated version!

Reactions: dg-1984 and Sandra
New cancelers installed today and now error free :) thanks trups

Reactions: Sandra
Are the people who are waiting on leds and cancellers orders being processed now??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI Bud.

Just had confirmation the cancellers are all made up and been sent this week, with that I will be resuming sending out cancellers 1st to those that had errors and then DRL kits to tho. I will send your set also as you have been eager to get them, it will be batch one as batch 2 DRL's wont be here till 10th Jan.

Thanks

I think that saying I am eager to get them as a bit of a jibe seems unfair, I haven't pestered at all I have just asked a couple of times where the things that set off to be delivered in November were. Sorry if I have been a pain, I don't want to queue jump I just wondered if there was an update is all.

I think that saying I am eager to get them as a bit of a jibe seems unfair, I haven't pestered at all I have just asked a couple of times where the things that set off to be delivered in November were. Sorry if I have been a pain, I don't want to queue jump I just wondered if there was an update is all.

hi Bud, sorry if it sounds like it was a Jibe, it wasn't and did not mean to sound like that at all, every one is eager as am I, I sit and look at a box of Bulbs that I cant send out knowing the error will appear, I just want them all out and fitted and for everyone that ordered to enjoy the new look they will give the front end, I know these where meant to be out the door in OCT when I got the 1st batch in and it was a fault on my part for not testing they didn't error when they where switched off, I'm glad that the problem is resolved and once they start posting I can concentrate on getting them advertised more and also launching a few more new items I have for the new year which all will like.

Thanks for been patient and putting up with me :)

Trups

Reactions: Carlos85

here is a picture of what batch 2 will be like, from getting batch 1 I made some slight changes with connectors etc.

Reactions: Carlos85 and dg-1984
Hi.

I started the testing/packing of these today, labelled and will start sending them out from tomo again.

hopefully with you by the week end. :)

Trups

Reactions: Carlos85
Well played, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed them.

Thanks for the info

Sorry for late reply, out of 60 pre orders only 21 left to send, batch 2 leaving factory later next week so i can finish off the pre orders.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I've got my LED DRL's for the pre-facelift S3. It's plug and play but is it a bumper off jobby? As i can't access where I need through the small cover..

Cheers

20170526 143226

Hi guys,

I've got my LED DRL's for the pre-facelift S3. It's plug and play but is it a bumper off jobby? As i can't access where I need through the small cover..

Cheers

View attachment 126641
Hi,

You got everything you need to connect it in your hand. Just unplug the both halogen bulbs and connect them with the DRL-kit ends and put everything inside the light housing. It's a bit tight with all of the cables and resistors etc inside but it'll fit for sure. :)

Reactions: HHS3
Legend cheers mate, I was looking way too far into it haha thinking the whole wiring had to come out!

Reactions: berisen