Erect miltek

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
does anybody else who has a miltek exhust on there s3 notice that the tail pipes get erect when hot?? mine sit flush with the bumper when there cold looks really good but when ive driven the car they pop out about 20mm further maybe 15mm but its quite obvious anyone else noitced this???

Sorry but i just know every else wants to LOL. Heat exspansion.

LOL
heat exspansion it is if you look at the dp and turbo after a hard drive youll see its all red hot so dose exspand a fair bit over the size of the system

yeah i no about that lol, but the standard system never done it im just serprised how far out they come

I had this effect on my TT with Millteks (as did many other owners). I also had it to a smaller degree on my Millteks on the S4.

They obviously use stretchy stainless ;)

are these millteks recommended then? considering one for the S3, catback jobbie. do they work fine without any remapping?

it made my car spool up quicker and felt less restrictive id definantly recomend doing it i was just suprised about the the tailpiepes expanding so much but the fit is excellent ive never fitted an aftermarket exhaust thats so perfect to fit, made up with it

Ive just fitted mine and well it took me just over 2 hours! That includes Jacking the car up, 2 tea breaks and 2 Bacon sandwiches. I was amazed how easy the old one came off and the Miltek went in. I recomend undoing the clamp holding cat to mid pipe first then put a jack under the back box and undo the 8 bolt that hold the hangers to the car. I did notice mine didnt have a hanger rubber on the back part of the Mid pipe but i think it made things easier taking off and refitting. If the rubber mounts are tough to get off spray some wd40 or silicone spray on the rubbers and hangers and they should come off a bit easier.:rockwoot:

I still have a scar from my exhaust,was giving it some on the way to a bike ride,stopped to get my stuff out the back,the next thing i could smell my leg being melted by the tailpipe,hurt like feck it did.Seems to grow by an inch or more when driven hard.

Kev i was thinking of you today.. went out to feed my addiction of boost today and when i stopped to let the car cool down, the tail pipes was practically poking right out of the bumper.. like huge different not even a little bit..

Its mad?! My milltek even gets excited when I go out for a burn.

its amazing the amount the tailpipes expand

My car also gets a bit of a boner when its hot, I put it down to the expansion of the metal etc :).