Equity invite from Audi

KenL

Reaction score
I'm 27 months into an Audi pcp with my A3 1.0tfsi SE.

Received a flyer from Audi today saying that now is a good time to get into a new Audi and using the equity towards a new deal.

Has anyone found that there is equity in an Audi after 27 months into a 36 month deal?

I would be surprised but interested to find out.

I will have about 9 payments of £253 to go.

Reactions: Audi Bairn

Received a flyer from Audi today saying that now is a good time to get into a new Audi and using the equity towards a new deal.

Has anyone found that there is equity in an Audi after 27 months into a 36 month deal?

I would say yer at the very least even Stevens . on yer deal mate

Reactions: NevMan and KenL
Interesting! Thanks.

I received the same flyer today.
I am going to see the dealer this weekend to test drive the new Q3, I'm 33 months into a 48 month PCP,
so I will see if there is any equity in my A3 cabrio.

Reactions: NevMan
A quick phone call to Audi customer services will tell you instantly

Reactions: Audi Bairn, KenL and NevMan
I've paid 27 payments of ~£250 so about
But maybe not enough to make changing cars an economic success:whistle2:

£1 equity means you're not paying the remaining payments.

If I could pick up another a3 on a great deal that may well keep me with Audi.
My "basic" A3 has been perfect for my needs.

I've paid 27 payments of ~£250 so about

£1 equity means you're not paying the remaining payments.

If I could pick up another a3 on a great deal that may well keep me with Audi.
My "basic" A3 has been perfect for my needs.

Being in equity means your trade in value is bigger than your settlement value so you have a bit left as deposit towards your next car.
3 Audi before my current and all have been a little in equity by the time I get rid of them. Normally just before the 3 year mark.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and KenL
Wether you have equity or not really depends on how much the dealer wants to give you in part ex, in my experience they will give you as little as possible to get the deal done and then they will miraculously add 3-4k to it's value before it goes on the forecourt.
I know they have to make a profit but they are conditioned to stretch the truth somewhat.
Being tied to a pcp will always limit your options when you want to change, even at full term

Reactions: RS3 S., TYb and KenL
My brother has an A1 on PCP (over 3 years old I believe) and he's getting a new one in a few months, apparently the dealer paid nearly all the £1,900 negative equity as a deposit contribution towards the new one

I'd call Audi Finance and get your settlement figure beforehand so you can go in armed and ready to negotiate

After 30 months on my A7 I ended up with nearly £3000 negative equity and that's after a £14k deposit contribution when I bought it. Ended up doing a vouluntary termination and starting afresh on a new car.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
After 30 months on my A7 I ended up with nearly £3000 negative equity and that's after a £14k deposit contribution when I bought it. Ended up doing a vouluntary termination and starting afresh on a new car.

Was that 30 month on a 48month pcp or 30 in 36?

I'm in a 4 year PCP, £2k down and the dealer said I was breakeven at 23 months, wondered whether I'm in equity now 6 or so months down the line?

Poverty spec S3 apart from tints and High Beam

I sold a Q5 around 38 months into a 48 month PCP (through a dealer) and managed to make a bit of cash on it (£1,500 or so, the dealer will have made £3-4k at least)

It all depends on what car you have and what the market's like when you change. I previously had a well spec'd A6 that had £2k equity after 2 years so I changed but the A7 was £5k worse off after the same time period. I think the worry over diesel and Brexit have played their part in my £3k negative equity (amongst other things).

Dont expect to be up ever is probably realistic and imho no chance at all until last 6 months of time left.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Pook
48 month PCP

30 into a 48 will be unlikely you will have much of any equity but should be close to the termination mark especially with a big deposit.
If it was 30 into a 36 then higher chance.
I tend to now just stick with a low deposit and 3 years. I know roughly just before the 3 years I will be in equity and able to order a new car.

It's all kidology if you look at it logically, l put down a £9k deposit on my voodoo and i won't throw that kind of money away again i am going keep my car another 2 years at least. Besides there's nothing remotely interesting on the horizon car wise that would make me get rid of the Voodoo

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Flying Scotsman
Interesting point @jassyo06 . I also will not be getting rid of my 2 year old S3 for at least another 2 years. I have also seen nothing that remotely floats my boat to replace it. Also, I would not be seen dead in an SUV, they are practical, but just butt ugly and have a uniform look to them, apart from the Porsche designs.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and KenL
Interesting point @jassyo06 . I also will not be getting rid of my 2 year old S3 for at least another 2 years. I have also seen nothing that remotely floats my boat to replace it. Also, I would not be seen dead in an SUV, they are practical, but just butt ugly and have a uniform look to them, apart from the Porsche designs.

Agreed. I would rather stick pins in my eyes than own a hideous 4x4.

If I wanted practical an Octavia estate would be a better option.

Dont expect to be up ever is probably realistic and imho no chance at all until last 6 months of time left.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Trade in wise yup true,l would never trade my a car in for another....buy wisely and you'll sell it on easily...the A3/s3 is a very sought after car on the used car market

It all depends on what car you have and what the market's like when you change. I previously had a well spec'd A6 that had £2k equity after 2 years so I changed but the A7 was £5k worse off after the same time period. I think the worry over diesel and Brexit have played their part in my £3k negative equity (amongst other things).

Supply and demand more like....Brexit has nowt to do with it

Sorry, I don’t understand what effect Bexit would have.

My brother has an A1 on PCP (over 3 years old I believe) and he's getting a new one in a few months, apparently the dealer paid nearly all the £1,900 negative equity as a deposit contribution towards the new one
Unfortunately the dealer was going to give a deposit contribution anyway so your brother still lost £1900.

Hopefully not on PCP though after getting stung for £17k.

I'm in a 4 year PCP, £2k down and the dealer said I was breakeven at 23 months, wondered whether I'm in equity now 6 or so months down the line?

Poverty spec S3 apart from tints and High Beam
I think the dealers calculator was broken!

Wife just got one of those invitations too and her TT is only 25 months of a 48 month PCP.