EPC warning light

dragon

Reaction score
Guys,

Day four of S3 ownership and four miles into my morning commute the EPC light came on. I pulled into a layby and switched off. On start up no light so I drove to work. This morning the same issue pretty much at the same location. Any ideas?

intend on visiting the dealer, would these errors be logged?

thanks

Were you thrashing it while not warmed up properly?

I know it's not the same engine but on my A1 I thrashed it once when not properly warmed up and the light came on. Exactly the same, cleared on switching off. Took it to the dealer but no error was recorded.

Were you thrashing it while not warmed up properly?

I know it's not the same engine but on my A1 I thrashed it once when not properly warmed up and the light came on. Exactly the same, cleared on switching off. Took it to the dealer but no error was recorded.

No I was still waking up, but it was after a bit of a steep country road section and yes the engine was still cold.

No I was still waking up, but it was after a bit of a steep country road section and yes the engine was still cold.

After having a few TFSI engines I can report they can be slightly fragile when cold. Not sure how you get it on the DIS but think there is an oil temp gauge so be interesting to know what the temp is when you pass the same bit of road.

But regardless if it's doing it every day then definitely not right and you should get it looked at.

Reactions: dragon
Guys,

Day four of S3 ownership and four miles into my morning commute the EPC light came on. I pulled into a layby and switched off. On start up no light so I drove to work. This morning the same issue pretty much at the same location. Any ideas?

intend on visiting the dealer, would these errors be logged?

thanks

Lets hope u dont have same issue as my TT. Dealer cannot find fault code. They change ecu. Engine wiring loom. Throttle sensor. I got sick and tired and traded in the car. The car spend 3 months in total in the dealer. After all the fixes the dealer still doesnt know what was wrong

It also comes on when the battery is low.

It's the first thing in the loop and can show up as an ignition fault code or the 'ignition being left on for a long time'...

Mine came on on the first day of ownership as the car had been sitting at the dealer for a few weeks.

Not seen since.

Drive it and charge battery up and I bet it goes away.

It's been diagnosed as a dodgy sensor and due in after the weekend. Will let you know more when I find out.

It's been diagnosed as a dodgy sensor and due in after the weekend. Will let you know more when I find out.

Do you have any more feedback? Mine did it this morning. Very light driving, the EPC light came up. I restarted the engin and light went off. No other problems, only the light.

Do you have any more feedback? Mine did it this morning. Very light driving, the EPC light came up. I restarted the engin and light went off. No other problems, only the light.

Sounds similar. Generally came on during engine warming. No loss in power just sounded a bit rough. If I pulled over and switched off and restarted the light would clear. When the engine was fully up to temp I never had an issue. Now they have changed the knock sensor the problem is sorted. I'd recommend a visit to the dealer to check the fault log just in case.

Yes, was also on warm-up period (had driven 2-3 km) and outside temp was +2 degrees. (Coldest weather since the pickup).
OK, Will make the visit, if it does it again.