EPC light on...loss of power and judder...HELP

S3 Rav

Reaction score
Evening all.

Just on the way home and the car has lost power (can still drive), judders and sounds like a Subaru.

I had this with my 8l s3 and turned out to be coil packs and my dads seat cupra. Is it likely to be the same thing?

Has anyone had this with their car and any advice?

Car is a 2011 a3 1.8tfsi.

Many thanks in advanced.

Rav

Just an update on this. Was indeed coilpack in cylinder 3. Looks like I'll have to go back to keeping a spare set in the boot.

I’ve had this last year, one went and the other three went in sympathy in the coming weeks.

Get the R8 Coil packs (if you end up needing them), they are cheaper for some reason.

Reactions: S3 Rav
Reactions: S3 Rav
Afternoon all, so the dreaded has happened again and feels like the coilpack. Can see the link above but was wondering if anyone has a cheap link to oem coilpacks.

I am due to take the a3 to audi on the 1st june for an oil consumption test and dont want them to find an excuse not to sort the car.

Thanks.

R

Tbh that is cheap. Doubt you'll find better than that new. Had a look on autodoc, for both the black and red versions and they work out more expensive.

For genuine and in the UK, its a great price

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
I agree with the above.
My OE black Bosch coilpackS came in at £80 For 4. Sourced on EBay.
So red or black Bosch ones for you.

Thanks all. So turns out this time was the spark plug on the same cylinder. Took it out and cacked in soot / oil! Off to audi I go on monday to check for oil consumption issues!

Okey dokey. They said this will be done to see if I have any issues and if so then can explore getting it sorted via Audi. I'll ask about the compression testing.

Evening all.

Just on the way home and the car has lost power (can still drive), judders and sounds like a Subaru.

I had this with my 8l s3 and turned out to be coil packs and my dads seat cupra. Is it likely to be the same thing?

Has anyone had this with their car and any advice?

Car is a 2011 a3 1.8tfsi.

Many thanks in advanced.

Rav

Hey mate,
Got a 1.8tsi leon, sane engine im pretty sure, what did it turn out to be? And did it cist much to fix? Mines doing exactly the same at the moment.

Hello buddy.

It was in fact the coilpack with the a3. Coilpacks aren't too expensive. The car ended up getting work done as part of the piston mod repair by audi which was causing the fault in the first place...but yes...essentially it was the coilpack.

Failing that I would also change the spark too.

Hope that helps!

R