mas

Reaction score
How about this?

sm_2.jpg

Citroen sm

OK how do I make it a poll then ? - sorted

Edit -
Thought it was sorted - how do I change the poll title to Citroen SM

Gorgeous. I love the old Citroens. It'll break, and badly, but it's awesome.

P.S.: it's got a Maserati engine in it

This is a cool citroen:

ds21_cabrio.jpg

Indeed, the DS is also a classc - but I thought that putting one Citroen on the wall might result in a bit of flack. Putting three up at once might get me hung.
SM was a very advanced car for its time. Had the fancy suspension, the masserati engine, and the headlights!

Although I saw a C6 before xmas - very nice car.

(SM, DS, Traction Avant for anyone that wondered)

My freind has just brought one of these in white,
Not really my cup of tea but you got to respect Citreon for making it,:salute:
and it huge, How the hell did they used to rally these things?

Used to love the DS when I was a nipper. My uncles next door neighbour used to have one and I used to spend a good amount of time looking around it when we went to visit.
Definitely ballsy design and the suspension was something else.
ds21_pallas_decapotable.jpg

The DS (Say Day-Ess in French - homonym of the word for Goddess!) is one of those all-time classics. Just beautiful.

What can I say?:sadlike:

The Citroen SM has the greater amount of votes for un-cool and the EVO's poll has the greater amount for cool and some for sub zero!

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS?

Am I getting it wrong, or is this a COOL wall. If so ugly, soulless, capable Japanese cars are not cool. The SM, DS etc. are cool regardless of the speed they go in a straight line or around corners.

Cool is an aesthetic, attitude, behaviour, appearance and style NOT speed, acceleration or lap time of the nordschleife ring.

Cool just is. :shrug:

Thank God for the new Citroen C6. Finally, a car mfr that understands style and elegance and is prepared to produce something other than a standard, boring Euro box.

OK Rant over.

dkelly said:
What can I say?:sadlike:

The Citroen SM has the greater amount of votes for un-cool and the EVO's poll has the greater amount for cool and some for sub zero!

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS?

Am I getting it wrong, or is this a COOL wall. If so ugly, soulless, capable Japanese cars are not cool. The SM, DS etc. are cool regardless of the speed they go in a straight line or around corners.

Cool is an aesthetic, attitude, behaviour, appearance and style NOT speed, acceleration or lap time of the nordschleife ring.

Cool just is. :shrug:

At last...
Someone else who understands what 'cool' is...and that it's not related to speed or engine output.

Those old Citroens are cool...they just are...
Not fast, not well built, not powerful...not even particularly good to look at (in my view) but just soooooo damn cool.

Whatever you think about Citroen they have definitely moved the automotive world forward many times, especially in terms of suspension design. Even my mate's Xsara rides surprisingly nicely!

Cool car, for sure.

My Dad had one when we were kids too young to really appreciate it.
Had the maserati engine, he loved it, It went bang sold and took away on back of trailer still goes on about it, how many of you wish the motors your Dad had were still in the family???? I can remember several 2.0 and 3.0 ltr Capris, Stag convertable, Jags,Sm etc etc etc.....

Ess_Three said:
At last...
Someone else who understands what 'cool' is...and that it's not related to speed or engine output.

Those old Citroens are cool...they just are...
Not fast, not well built, not powerful...not even particularly good to look at (in my view) but just soooooo damn cool.

I'm with you, cool for me and loving the ragtop!