Engine warning light in Bedfordshire...

Nick_db

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm asking for a little help as folks on here have suggested this course of action previously.
I own a 2007 S3 hatchback and I recently experienced a yellow engine warning light on the dash. I disconnected the battery and the warning light went away.
About a week later my battery died and the car wouldn't start, this was rectified by changing the battery two days ago - I get a healthy 14.3v whilst the engine is running.
Today the warning light returned, I live in Flitwick Bedfordshire and was wondering if there is anyone local that would be willing to scan the car for me so I can start to figure out what the issue is.

Much appreciation in advance... Nick

If you are looking for a bit more professional help then AKS tuning in your area are the place to visit. Excellent attention to detail, top class service.

Thanks Prt57 I do plan on going to them as a last resort but it's difficult to get to them as I work nearly 12hr days and I am a 40 minute drive from them - depending on how good the traffic through/around Bedford is.
I'm not very trusting of the garage that's local to me in Luton where I work - Charged me £50 just to check out the last warning light I had, which meant they just wiped the warning to see if it came back. It obviously did as the exhaust sensor had snapped off but they would have known that if they had simply looked under the car at the source of the warning!

Hi mate am based in Luton, I'll check see if I've still got my membership going on my carrista if so happy to check it for you ... or if you've never used carrista before I believe they offer a month free so could do it via your account

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

I'm in St. Neots and have a code reader. I've a similar problem. It's my stereo or more likely the amplified aeriel draining it over night. It doesn't pick up any stations, but using my Bluetooth adapter it will work via my phone

Many thanks to Daggz68 and StatedRain for the offers, I've managed to find out that it's the PCV valve causing me issues this time!
Thankfully they are quite easy to change if I remember - it also appears that the thermostat is bu####ed too but I'm not so sure that's as easy...

Anyway, thank you again for your very kind offers of help.

Reactions: Daggz68