Engine undertray advice

brm180

Reaction score
Folks. Looking for some advice.

Driving to work this am and following an artic lorry around a bend unknown to me was that there was a dead deer or badger lying in the middle of my side of the road... long story short but i drove over it as i had no time to swerve / break etc... question is ..am i likely to have damaged anything.. I have looked under the car and the undertray etc is still in place and securely fixed. I did hear the tray take a bit of a hit as i went over the dead animal at about 40/50 mph. Can the tray deflect into anything critical in ie engine/g.box or are they well above the undertray.. probably paranoid but i thought my g.box in sport mode was noiser than normal althogh everything sounds ok in normal mode... Everything working as normal also.
Any advice ...

Thanks

If your front end is undamaged, I'd imaging it will be the same for under the car!

I grounded out my S3 in the middle of nowhere in Scotland after pulling up near a loch, the grass was medium length and I didn't notice a large/wide rock below the grass level and then a slight slope! My front wheels went down the slope and I was resting the undertray on the rock! Front tyres were slightly off the ground :blink: Luckily the rear wheels got a grip and pulled me off the rock! It made a hell of a noise both ways, I was expecting to see the front bumper ripped off but everything was OK :)