Engine sounds like a dog.white smoke and rattles and whistles

Chevy69j2

Reaction score
Help please.was driving and oil light came on.pulled to hard shoulder and put oil in.tried starting engine and sounded terrible and white smoke poured out of exhaust and a bit from the engine.got recovery truck home.i havnt got a clue what happened but on starting engine back up it whistles like mad aswell and rattles.it is an audi a4 convertable 04 plate 1.8t petrol.any pointers would be great guys.got a feeling engine has blown but i am no mechanic by far.thankyou

Help please.was driving and oil light came on.pulled to hard shoulder and put oil in.tried starting engine and sounded terrible and white smoke poured out of exhaust and a bit from the engine.got recovery truck home.i havnt got a clue what happened but on starting engine back up it whistles like mad aswell and rattles.it is an audi a4 convertable 04 plate 1.8t petrol.any pointers would be great guys.got a feeling engine has blown but i am no mechanic by far.thankyou
Can you do a video of it running and have a look around the engine with it running.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I was dreading that.thanks again for your help.i guess i better start looking for another.was hoping it was repairable but looks like a new engine

I was dreading that.thanks again for your help.i guess i better start looking for another.was hoping it was repairable but looks like a new engine
It does all depends on what's went wrong but it really doesn't sound good. It has probably lost oil pressure which will ruin the whole engine. It sounds as if it losing compression as well, the hissing noise. Might be cheaper buying a whole car spares or repair (with good engine obviously) and use the engine and scrap the rest.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk