Engine Running hot and Coolant foaming

waz418

Reaction score
Hi all I am new this forum apologies in advance if it’s not in the correct section

I have joined to see if I can get any help as I am struggling to understand what is wrong with my Audi A4 S line 2009

my car seems to feel hot in the engine Bay Area but the temp gage shows reading as normal my coolant is show signs of froth like in the coolant overflow tank

there isn’t any coolant loss at all when driving or

I am just worried this could be a signs of head gasket?

Recently changed water pump and new thermostat

Any one experienced something same as me?

please help thanks

Attachments

• 56D09BDD-018A-4A51-85C6-A1D63F9B1AE8.jpeg
    56D09BDD-018A-4A51-85C6-A1D63F9B1AE8.jpeg
    804 KB · Views: 102
  • C92B39E9-20C2-4CD1-8F9C-1BAACDC6C2C4.jpeg
    C92B39E9-20C2-4CD1-8F9C-1BAACDC6C2C4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
What engine is in your car?

I note you say you have changed your thermostat and water pump recently. Has the problem occurred since they were changed or was it happening before?

I’d be inclined to check that both are sealed properly. If not you could be pulling air into the system which could cause it to look like it’s foaming

What engine is in your car?

I note you say you have changed your thermostat and water pump recently. Has the problem occurred since they were changed or was it happening before?

I’d be inclined to check that both are sealed properly. If not you could be pulling air into the system which could cause it to look like it’s foaming
Hi

the problem to this there with coolant loss from the old water pump which I have changed and now not losing any coolant at all l, but now after 2 weeks it’s started to foam up recently with engine running hot but not over heating

I have the 1.8 TFSI engine s line edition