Engine revs/coolant temp *PLEASE HELP*

CallumB05

Reaction score
I own a Audi S3 2007 (Prefacelift) Mileage just above 60k. Just had a oil change, oil filter change and fuel filter change. As the most recent work carried out.

Initially had an issue when starting the car the idle was lumpy, lost all power then EML came on. Went to a garage and got told it was down to the HPFP, got that upgraded to LOBA as I’m planning on going for stage 2+ in future. This fixed the problem for a week.
The next week I had another issue similar to before, turns out a coil needed replacing along with a spark plug. Got that work carried out and again working good for a week.
First few cold starts weren’t all that great but when it got to temperature it was spot on. Again problem solved or so I thought.
So another week goes by and I’m thinking the problem is solved. But while driving, the revs would become erratic and seem to lose car power. But it would solve itself if I give it a little Rev out of gear. This is now happening randomly at different speeds/RPMS/gears.
Also at random points doesn’t seem to be linked to this Revs issue but the Temp fluctuates from time to time between 80 degrees and 90. Majority of the time at 90 degrees.

Can anyone please help and maybe shed some light on this for me. I don’t know too much about cars so any help would be hugely appreciated.

Been reading and could this be down to induction kit being installed? Needing a remap to accommodate these? Overfuelling? Temperature related issues?

Mods - induction kit, LOBA HPFP.

You will probably find since you have added thngs to your car that certain tuning will now need to take place .
Your car will now receive more air from your kit which will affect the MAF and in turn the Hpfp.

See if replacing the PCV fixes things?
A cheap item that usually fails on these cars anyway, so you'd be fixing a problem or preventing a potential problem in the future.

Cheers guys, car is also going to be getting an exhaust in the next couple weeks. It is then in for a remap at the start of next month.
In the meantime are PCV’s easy to do yourself? I’m sure there is a guide on here somewhere or trusty YouTube

PCV is easy. Remove coil pack 3 and 4 and then undo approx 8 torx screws (T20 IIRC) and use a small flat head screw driver or a pick to gently prise off the plastic hoses.
They are a bit brittle feeling so take your time with them and they will pop off without an issue.
It's self explanatory when you get started.

Nice one cheers, just done some reading and there seems to be different revisions, do you by any chance have the latest versions part number? Or shall I just try Euro Car parts or someone like that?
Cheers

I don't have the part number, sorry.
Try and stick to genuine, I did try a non-genuine from ebay and it made the car run terribly.