Engine Remap

jonnyfoster

Reaction score
I am intersted in exploring the various options for remapping my 09 S3 STronic. Can anyone recommend a suitable company. I am concerned over warrenty issues, mainly where do I stand if a remap is detected. Any advice greatly appreciated. Jonny Foster.

Revo or GIAC seem to be the two favorites, they both seem to produce similar power/torque. Superchips also do a remap, but their results have not been as good as the other two, but they have the advantage that you cancompletely remove the map and return to totally standard if you have any warranty issues.

technically Audi can void your warranty if they know you have had a remap, although quite a few people on here have had no issues with warranty even though audi knew their car had been remapped.

I have revo on my s3, been on for 10000 miles now with no problems, very happy with it.

Do a search, its probably the most frequently asked question on here.

Consider APR as well. Their remap is switchable back to the original stock map very easily via the cruise control stalk. I am surprised more on here have not used APR to be honest as they are a great company, after doing a lot of research I will be using them to remap my S3 soon.

More info about their stage 1 remap can be found here:
http://www.goapreu.com/products/ecu_upgrade_audis3-20t.html

It doesn't return to stock map, it returns to APR's version of the stock map. I'm not dissin APR's products I used them on my mk5 GTI and my ED30 with great results, just people should be aware

If thats the case, why would anyone want to detune their car at the flick of a switch...what does that say about the remap ?

Agreed. I only put mine back to stock for when it goes into Audi. I could understand it if the stock map gave better economy but it doesn't.

If thats the case, why would anyone want to detune their car at the flick of a switch...what does that say about the remap ?

not sure what your gettin at ???

I used to put mine back to stock if the misses was drivin, bad weather etc

not sure what your gettin at ???

I used to put mine back to stock if the misses was drivin, bad weather etc

Luckily mine doesn't drive the S3,but we would need to put it into valet mode otherwise!

And yes...she does agree with that.

It doesn't return to stock map, it returns to APR's version of the stock map. I'm not dissin APR's products I used them on my mk5 GTI and my ED30 with great results, just people should be aware

I am sure it does return to the same stock map you had on the car before it was flashed and not APR's own version. This is one of the things I checked as part of my research, I will try and find a link for you backing this up...

Here we go, found it:

Arin@APR
Stock mode is 100% the stock calibration that came with your car!

There is absolutely no difference in the calibration. Since our program switching allows us to completely reflash the car each time you change the programs, there is absolutely no reason to waste the calibrators time recalibrating a stock mode. We wrote the functionality into the ECU to move it from memory into the calibration sector so we dont need external devices to hold the stock binanry. When we flash your car, we have your stock binary extracted. When you switch to stock it reflash it on the fly with your same stock binary. Since we already have it, and since our program switching works the way it works, why would we waste engineers time rewriting 'stock'?

If Audi are not bothered about warrenty....what about the insurance companies ?

Stock makes more sense than their own version.

If Audi are not bothered about warrenty....what about the insurance companies ?

What about it? You have to declare it as you have more power than OEM.

I bought a PPC unit from BSR with a new map in it. This device plugs into your OBD port and re-flashes from there. You can revert to the original map any time you want by plugging the unit in and reverting...
The BSR figures are 308bhp and 395Nm of torque. There is also a Dutch company called RICA who use the same device, 302bhp but 415Mn- these were recommended to me by a guy called Max who runs A & M Performance up in Snettisham, Norfolk. He has tuned and built cars for the likes of Simon Cowell and Richard Hammond, so knows a thing or two! If I were to do it again (which I probably will) I'd try and sort out the turbo lag, then get a custom remap using the PPC again.
The PPC is very good, but takes about 18 mins to program- that's a lot of **** twitching while all the warning lights on the dash are on!

http://en.bsr.se/products/ppc/

http://www.rica-uk.com/ppc.aspx

Hope this helps.