Engine Rebuild

Donfero

Reaction score
So I think its time for an engine Rebuild, and while searching the internet i read somewhere to use oversized pistons 83mm. My engine is a BWT with standard 82.5mm pistons. Will it make since to use larger pistons?

Sent from my RMX2170 using Tapatalk

Strip it first and see how the bores look before spending your monies it might guide you down a different path

Reactions: Dan_Avant, Charlie Farley and WOMBLERULZ
I’ve got some 83 mm wossnor pistons for mine and some pec rifled rods as well for my bul engine refresh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dan_Avant and Charlie Farley
Very wise words ... but I already got pistons and rods oil pump now and a loads of other bits .... take the engine out in a few weeks

Strip it first and see how the bores look before spending your monies it might guide you down a different path
Would do that but since Ill have to order the parts online it would take weeks to get the car operating.

Very wise words ... but I already got pistons and rods oil pump now and a loads of other bits .... take the engine out in a few weeks

They have a lower compression ratio, would it make a difference?

I allready rebuided my engine with woessner 83.00 mm lowered(1-9.2)compression ratio.even with a stock file you can see the difference.but with a good stage 2 remap,you will have great satisfactions.

Inviato dal mio SM-G980F utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: WOMBLERULZ and Dan_Avant
is there any advantage to get a spare cdl block H stamped are they any stronger
.. just thinking i can get that cleaned and bored before i remove engine. cost about 190 ish

I did the same thing with mine.i saved a lot of time .

I allready rebuided my engine with woessner 83.00 mm lowered(1-9.2)compression ratio.even with a stock file you can see the difference.but with a good stage 2 remap,you will have great satisfactions.

Did it help with the oil consumption issue?