Engine Oil temp sensor

Savage

Savage
Reaction score
I've noticed that I've got an oil temp sensor and display on the DIS. This is great especially as it's a turbo.

Being an Audi virgin I was wondering if all models come with this and if there are any "extras" that can be added to the DIS e.g. oil pressure sensor + reading or perhaps aftermarket customisation of the DIS?

There is a aftermarket conversion to the DIS but is quite expensive and also includes turbo boost readings!

As far as i'm aware its only available for the older A3/S3 models (8L chassis). The newer one has been in development for a while.

Do a search on "enhanced DIS" and you should bring up the topic with some look with the web link pages to the company in the states that supplies it.

I like the engine oil temp display on the S3 too but wished it would stay on all the time instead of 30secs as its the most useful!!

Thanks for that, it does appear to be for older models. I guess we'll just have to wait for something else. I like the idea of this rather than bolting boost gauges etc to the dash or pillar.

I wish the oil temp reading would stay on for longer than 30 secs too. It's a really usefull piece of info that you have to scroll through the menu to find while driving :sadlike:

On the DIS go into CHECK, then into ENGINE OIL and you get a screen with the oil temperature on.

The oil temp is very useful as it lets you know when the engine is properly warm. Waiting until the water is up to temp is usually not enough, it takes a bit longer for the oil to reach full temperature.

Exactly, in all my turbo cars I've always fitted an oil temp sensor and an oil pressure sensor. Vital info.

I'm still getting used to this VAG stuff, I've looked at the VAG COM this afternoon. Appears to be a great bit of kit - thanks for the heads up.