1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Engine oil high usage

Pulsarman Oct 8, 2020

1. Pulsarman

Pulsarman New Member

Hello S1 fans as a recent owner off a 16 plate I'm aquainting my self to this excellent handling drivers car coming from a mk7.5 R golf this s1 far better handling car much more alive than a golf r anyway my question is this tfsi engine CWZA what's the average oil usage as I've gone to end of dip stick in 1,500 miles on a car under 19k miles so does this engine use a lot of oil?
    Thanks all

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Phazer

Phazer Registered User

All modern engines use a bit of oil but the engine in the S1 isn't known for it, nor do they have a reputation for using lots of oil.

You need to see if you have a leak or investigate why it might be using it.

Pulsarman likes this.
  4. iLikefishing

iLikefishing Registered User

Mine uses very little oil at 51k

5. VeeFource

VeeFource Registered User

I have to top mine up every 3-4 months and it doesn't do that many miles (about 6k/year). It will also depend on how you drive it of course. I'd have a look at your exhaust tips (should be clean) and even your plugs if you're worried.

Good to know the S1 is less dull than the Golf R which seems to be the main thing the R is criticised for. If you want to make it less dull still and know someone with decent coding tools then I'd recommend doing the steering mods in this thread: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s1-just-great-on-paper.403488/

6. Pulsarman

Pulsarman New Member

Tags: