Engine oil for B9 Avant 2.0 TFSI 190 S-Tronic?

psychopomp1

Reaction score
Hi,
Could someone please let me know what engine oil is used for this model on 10k fixed servicing? I have a few 1L bottles of Castrol Edge 5W-30 LL left for my B7, just wondering if the same oil can be used once my B9 arrives or if I will need something different. Online tools suggest 5W-30 or 5W-40, so rather confusing.
Cheers

From the manual!
Screen Shot 2018 04 12 at 092107

Reactions: cuke2u and psychopomp1
508.00 is a very expensive always 0W20 with poor availability .

502.00 is medium quality mostly available as a 5W40 .

504.00 is high quality , always 5W30 or less so 0W30 ( Shell ) .

Last edited:
Reactions: psychopomp1
Digging up an old thread to see who is doing their own oil changes, spotted some Castrol Edge 5W30 (VW504 00) for half price at Tesco and was thinking of getting some for my 2.0TFSI (252bhp) although I'm on fixed service intervals so the recommended oil is 5W40 (VW502 00). Obviously I need to get a new filter as well and was thinking of using an oil extractor.

Recommended to confuse by daft people at Audi .

504.00 all the way .

Reactions: pagenotfound
Ta Gazwould, picked up a couple of 4l cartons of the 504 00 Castrol Edge for 24.50 each. Oil filter and o-ring should be in stock at a local VW dealer tomorrow

That's not too bad for Castrol but the 4L marketing is a con .

TPS lately have been selling 5L Quantum LongLife III for a bargain £18.90 inc .

Well, figured if I was saving on a trip to the dealership then I could stretch to 8 litres of oil. I think the required capacity is 5.5l and a 4l + 2x1l would cost more.

I am curious as to why Audi recommend VW 508 oil for flexible(or variable) servicing and VW 502 for fixed servicing? My Audi A4 B9 2L TFSI is now 12 months old and was set up on manufacture with flexible servicing, also was filled originally with VW 508 oil. I have completed less than 5K miles over the last 12 months (mostly motorway journeys) however I have still just booked an interim 12 month Oil Service (that is not actually required) using VW 508 oil. No doubt some of you may think an interim oil change with such a low mileage is overkill, however I would appreciate views on which oil VW508 or VW 502 is most appropriate for my TFSI engine and/or mileage and why?

I am curious as to why Audi recommend VW 508 oil for flexible(or variable) servicing and VW 502 for fixed servicing? My Audi A4 B9 2L TFSI is now 12 months old and was set up on manufacture with flexible servicing, also was filled originally with VW 508 oil. I have completed less than 5K miles over the last 12 months (mostly motorway journeys) however I have still just booked an interim 12 month Oil Service (that is not actually required) using VW 508 oil. No doubt some of you may think an interim oil change with such a low mileage is overkill, however I would appreciate views on which oil VW508 or VW 502 is most appropriate for my TFSI engine and/or mileage and why?

I wouldn't use either , 502. 00 is an old spec of multiple viscosities from 0W-10 W to 30 and 40 grade with poorer performance perameters.

0W20 508.00 has unknown perameters except for superior fuel economy and usually very expensive .

I did my oil change last week using the 504.00 Castrol Edge. My car is on fixed interval servicing so originally had 502.00. I'm presuming that when on condition based servicing the 504 is a better oil but thinner so wondering if it will result in any oil consumption, didn't have any over the last 2 years. Will be watching closely.