Engine oil for audi s3 8v

Castrol EDGE Ti FST 5W-30 Longlife is what Audi uses so that's also what I use :hi:(Doesn't have to be the professional version)

Reactions: Michael Paul shields
Castrol EDGE Ti FST 5W-30 Longlife is what Audi uses so that's also what I use :hi:(Doesn't have to be the professional version)

This, about 5.7lts of it I believe

Another question about which oil to use and no grumpy person is directing the poster to the FAQ section like they did with me when I asked the same question.
Yes I'm not letting it go. :rage:
Its nice to be nice. :innocent:
Correct spec oil is 5W-30 to VW spec 507 00
An easy to find brand is Castrol Edge Titanium FST 5W-30 LL
I bought my litre top up bottle from this seller on ebay.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Castrol-EDGE-Titanium-FST-5W-30-LL-Fully-Synthetic-Engine-Oil-5W30-1-Litre-5w30/161862949078?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Last edited:
Reactions: CHEZ, TonkS3 and oli356
Another question about which oil to use and no grumpy person is directing the poster to the FAQ section like they did with me when I asked the same question.
Yes I'm not letting it go. :rage:
Its nice to be nice. :innocent:
Correct spec oil is 5W-30 to VW spec 507 00
An easy to find brand is Castrol Edge Titanium FST 5W-30 LL
I bought my litre top up bottle from this seller on ebay.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Castrol-EDGE-Titanium-FST-5W-30-LL-Fully-Synthetic-Engine-Oil-5W30-1-Litre-5w30/161862949078?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Haha you poor thing! :welcoming: Maybe you just hit the wrong forum member :icon thumright:

Reactions: Ron240
Haha you poor thing! :welcoming: Maybe you just hit the wrong forum member :icon thumright:
I believe I must have, because to date he has been the only person to respond in an unhelpful or negative manner to any of my posts. :(
I on the other hand am usually willing to be helpful when I can. I added "usually" there just in case I'm having a bad day. :D

Reactions: simlocks
Don't forget your 1ltr for the boot.
53eeb09b8ccbb22740f5e6888d475e13.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Don't forget your 1ltr for the boot.
53eeb09b8ccbb22740f5e6888d475e13.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Always wondered if people actually carried these. Got 3 bottles in my garage, not one in the car though.. Could put it in the velcro bag in the boot though which has tyre pressure gauge, deicer and scraper.. (never removed from winter...! )

I’m second on the Millers nanodrive.

Reactions: MaxBoostMRC
I just checked to see what grade of top up oil I have in the back of my 17 S3 and it’s Helix 0-30

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. A "check oil level" light started flashing yesterday. I checked and it's on its lowest level, so I have to fill up a little. The book says thet the petrol engine must have oil with these specs: VW 504 00, VW 508 00, VW 511 00, ACEA C3. I called my auto mechanic and he suggested to buy 0W-20 (VW 508 00 ACEA C5) for my 35TFSI engine. But according to this thread you all use 5W-30. There is another option which is Castrol EDGE Professional Titanium FST Longlife 3 5W-30 that meets the spec.
Should I stick with this or try the oil that my mechanic suggests? The Castrol is less the half price of the other one.

There should be 1ltr in the boot ? That should give you an idea on what you need.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. A "check oil level" light started flashing yesterday. I checked and it's on its lowest level, so I have to fill up a little. The book says thet the petrol engine must have oil with these specs: VW 504 00, VW 508 00, VW 511 00, ACEA C3. I called my auto mechanic and he suggested to buy 0W-20 (VW 508 00 ACEA C5) for my 35TFSI engine. But according to this thread you all use 5W-30. There is another option which is Castrol EDGE Professional Titanium FST Longlife 3 5W-30 that meets the spec.
Should I stick with this or try the oil that my mechanic suggests? The Castrol is less the half price of the other one.

I was also advised the 0W-20 for my 2019 35tfsi by a couple of wholesalers who looked up the spec on line and an Audi dealer.
My local [Liverpool] Audi dealer was unaware of this and unable to supply it. I went next door to the VW main agent who was on the ball, had a lot 1L bottles in stock for the 1.5 petrol engines and gave me one of the bottle bags to keep it in.

Colin

I’ve got a 1.6 TDI 8V that came with the oil in the boot. How long would this stay good for before I should put a fresh bottle in?

Defending on brand but un-opened oil is usually 5 years.

My opened Halfords oil has probably gone off then...it looks fine in the bottle but how do you tell?

I personally would say it would be fine, manufacturers always have a shelf/use by date for obvious reasons.

If you have had it from new and it’s been stored properly then should be fine.

I can’t see any use by date on it. It’s been in my boot so lots of variation in temp I guess...

I don’t think the temperature in your boot would affect it pal, I will get a lot hotter in your engine and colder haha.

AFAIK, you need to be going with the VW standard e.g. VW 504 00, VW 508 00, VW 502 00 etc. rather than the 5W/30 oW/20 etc. Different oil manufacturers have different weight specs for the VW standards.

Well, I bought a bottle of Castrol Edge 0W-20 with the standard of VW 508 00.