Engine Oil Consumption Advice

TerryUK

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2007 Audi A4 Cabriolet B7, it has the 2.0T TFSI engine. Its just done over 73k miles. I have had for the last year an oil consumption problem. I'm going from showing full oil on the dipstick to the oil warning light coming on every 500-600miles. This seems a little excessive.

I spoke to Audi UK and they said they have no recalls on my engine, not aware of any issues or will be willing to help out in any way shape or form. They said had the car been a newer car they are aware of a similar issue, but not on the 2007 line of cars.

Now I know I have a faulty Boost Pressure Control Valve as shown in VagCom as I had it recently scanned:

008801 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249)
P2261 - 008 - Mechanical Malfunction - Intermittent

However I'm not sure if this is the culprit. I have been reading a lot on here about faulty piston rings and complete engine rebuilds which I'm dreading. Any advice? Is it worth getting the Boost Pressure Control Valve fixed and will that fix the issue I'm seeing? Or should I cut my losses and thing about selling the car?

Many Thanks
Terry

There is a separate group on the forum relating to the oil issue.
Check the groups tab.

have had my fair share of this issue but there are a few self help things you can try first. Has the PCV valve been replaced to the newest revision, it can make a massive improvement.
I had very high consumption , and audi also said my engine was not effected by the oil useage issue, anyway audi wanted to just change rings etc but but after the issue getting worse very quickly they replaced the whole block and pistons etc (short motor), been sort of better since but does still use a bit when you go into performance driving mode, but nothing exxcessive now.
i dont think your other issues are connected to be honest, just happen to show up now.

i had the very same code on my avant, turned out to be a bit more than just the valve.

Vcds1

Last edited:
Out of interest, and accepting this discussion relates to the T FSI, does the non-turbo FSI have a PCV?

yes, pcv is "positive crankcase ventilation" nothing to do with the turbo.

Reactions: Mike_B