Engine oil change coming up but service not due?

Corbula

Reaction score
So I've got an A4 1.4 which had its first service at 20,000 miles in Jan/Feb. Its now done 27,000 miles and when I look at the service menu in the MMI it says engine oil change due in around 1300 miles. Which would be right for 30,000, engine oil change every 10,000 miles.

The bit below though says next inspection due in 10,600 miles though. So as far as I'm aware it will just need an engine oil change and nothing else?

At my current milage it will be around end of October or November, which seeing as I had a service at the end of Jan seems too soon for a service. Do I just get the engine oil changed somewhere else?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Do the oil change, don't risk your warranty. My car is munching miles like crazy, almost 10 000 miles in the past 2 months so I need to change oil AGAIN.

PS: Filters are also miles/time dependant. Mine has had air and cabin filter changed on 13000 miles.

Do the oil change, don't risk your warranty. My car is munching miles like crazy, almost 10 000 miles in the past 2 months so I need to change oil AGAIN.

PS: Filters are also miles/time dependant. Mine has had air and cabin filter changed on 13000 miles.
Thanks, yes I assume the filters were done on the last service but not 100%.

So is it just an engine oil change? In which case I can get a friend who works at a garage to do it or is it a minor service that I will need to take it to Audi or an independent?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I take my car to Audi because where I live we lose warranty if independent mechanics even touch our car. But from what I've read here on forums, in the UK warranty is not voided if the car has been serviced up to Audi's standards and genuine parts were used. Not sure how independents log services into Audi system though as latest cars have digital service book.

. Not sure how independents log services into Audi system though as latest cars have digital service book.

They either pay an extortionate amount to access Audi’s central system or the customer has to make do with paper receipts as service history evidence.

They either pay an extortionate amount to access Audi’s central system or the customer has to make do with paper receipts as service history evidence.

Ouch, both seem painful. One would have thought that they'd have developed a system where certified independents can get an account on their system and update service records with a proof of it being done (be it a picture of the service being done and receipt for the parts purchased or something similar).

My independent has access to update my Audi online service record.
I don't know the ins and outs of how it all works....but I am very surprised that an independent has access to the Audi online service record.
I thought the whole point of it is that only the official dealer network should have access to it?