Engine mounts

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
I think it's time I changed my engine mounts. Now they are expensive to replace with genuine ones £104 & £130 as they are both hydraulic ( I thought only one was ) so my question is has anyone changed these for non hydraulic ones if so where did you get them and what sort of results have you had.
Thanks in advance.
Matt

I have choped the sensor off my old ones and pluged it back in........then zip tied it securly.

I then fitted a set of OEM B5 versions and not had an issue with errors or handling, vibrations etc in the two years they have been on..........cheap also at about £30 each.

NOTE: Left and right ones are the same.....so two identical B5 items are fine and the olny difference is that one uses the rubber cover and the other does not

Just had this very honest reply from Awesome GTI, having asked if their mounts were suitable for the tdi.

Hi Matt,

Whilst they'll physically fit the TDI we recommend against them as the noise and vibration passed through into the cabin will increase significantly. They'd be fine if it's a track use only car, or something you don't use very often, but if you were running this as a daily, I'd only really recommend stock mounts.

Which is why I stuck with the B5 TDI ones for normal road use.

I think I'll go the same route, I'll do the snub mount aswell, that was quite cheap from TPS.

I tried vibratechnics in my A3 tdi. I couldn't see due to the vibration. They had to come straight out.