Engine mounts

S3_Mitch

Money pit owner
Reaction score
Hi all,

So looks like i'll be getting a 3" downpipe fitted soon, exactly what enigine mounts do I need and whats the cheapest option?

Cheers.

Hi all,

So looks like i'll be getting a 3" downpipe fitted soon, exactly what enigine mounts do I need and whats the cheapest option?

Cheers.

What's your cars mileage? You don't really need uprated engine mounts as such, but obviously, with time and mileage, the original ones will wear out. Cheapest option would be to fill the voids of your original engine mounts with polyflex, or whatever that stuff is called? I'd recommend an uprated/poly dogbone mount though, they are 20 odd quid from ebay, and easy to fit to reduce engine movement.

What's your cars mileage? You don't really need uprated engine mounts as such, but obviously, with time and mileage, the original ones will wear out. Cheapest option would be to fill the voids of your original engine mounts with polyflex, or whatever that stuff is called? I'd recommend an uprated/poly dogbone mount though, they are 20 odd quid from ebay, and easy to fit to reduce engine movement.
Hi, thanks for the reply.. My mileage is close to 128k so they could probably do with changing. I have read the stickies etc. I will definitly try the polyflex stuff when I can.

My main concern right now is with the dp fitting and associated knocking issues, I believe I only need a dogbone mount (powerflex or the like)? Your reply kind of confirms this? I just need to be sure because if anything goes wrong with my car i'm kind of stuck being at uni 350miles from home and tools haha