Engine mount prices making me cry...

I paid dealer money for mine just because if there's anything I don't want breaking it's the parts holding my engine in place haha also got B5 RS4 mounts which are solid to save having to replace them again.

Do you have the part numbers for the B5 mounts still?
I wouldn't mind pricing them up as the 034 mounts have shot up in price since I was looking at them last.

Do you have the part numbers for the B5 mounts still?
I wouldn't mind pricing them up as the 034 mounts have shot up in price since I was looking at them last.

Yeah mine were B5 RS4, dealer thought I was mad getting a sway bar off a B7 and mounts off a B5 haha, part number is 8D0199379AD (x2).

8E0 199 379 BF - N/S ENGINE MOUNT AUDI RETAIL £139.51
8E0 199 382 AG - O/S ENGINE MOUNT AUDI RETAIL £118.72

Will those part numbers be what will be needed for that same engine in a Quattro A4? It's a 2007 TDI 170 BRD engine with manual transmission.

I need mine doing soon and plan on picking up the parts this week. I'm assuming the mounts will be the same.

Thanks,
Brendan

I can't be 100% sure but mine is a 170 BRD so I imagine it's the same part numbers

Thanks mate. I'll price around on Monday.

I think I'll probably end up buying from Audi Ireland and get them sent across. With Sterling being so strong at the minute I plan on getting all my car parts from Ireland for the foreseeable future. It's worth bearing in mind!

Now that's a good idea. What happens with import duties?

Nothing at all, well not in my case anyway! My brother is a trucker and is over from Ireland every fortnight so he'll bring them with him. I'm going to get him to bring a few bits and 4 tyres over within the next month.

I'm based in Leicester so if you're from anywhere not too far away and in need of any parts of substantial value I've no problem in getting them for you. I can get 10% discount from Audi and on top of the favourable exchange rate at the minute it makes for a significant saving over buying here in the UK.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but would be grateful for some help please as my mechanical knowledge is very limited. Following a routine service (oil change etc) on my B7 3.0TDI Quattro (72k) dealer gave an 'amber' warning (so not urgent) that engine mounts are leaking. From what I understand (could be wrong) this is a big job and I've been quoted £900 to get them done! I get the impression the stealer is just trying to make money out of me (don't they always) but as my knowledge is, well, cra*, I wouldn't have a clue what to look for. Please can someone give me some solid advice. Thanks.

Personally, I think thats a standard high mileage service dealer thing - with them knowing that most people won't question it. Last service I had they same "amber" warning was given. I would get an independent to check it over. But even if needed doing that price is probably twice as much as you would need to pay at a non-Audi Dealer.

Mmmm, looks like i have all this fun to come then! One of my mounts (2.0 tdi 140) is slightly weeping fluid so will need changing :(

My engine light is on and the code says 'left engine mount solenoid upper limit reached' I'm guessing this is a big job to replace based on this thread, has anyone tackled something like this?

I'm in rugby, nice one I'll be in touch :thumbs up:

BRD engine has one sensor in the mount and if they are for changing you will have fault on Vcds if you look in ''engine''
If you haven't got that fault - don't worry too muck ! When switch off my engine a have a bit vibration as well but my mate how selling parts said to me that mount has got sensor and when is worn i will find out !

BRD engine has one sensor in the mount and if they are for changing you will have fault on Vcds if you look in ''engine''
If you haven't got that fault - don't worry too muck ! When switch off my engine a have a bit vibration as well but my mate how selling parts said to me that mount has got sensor and when is worn i will find out !
Thanks for the advice but you're a little late as I had them replaced middle of last year when this thread was started.

Still useful information for others I would think

I just saw it today really sorry !
Is there any difference when you change them ?
Thanks
No need to apologise, you were trying to help after all.

Yes, noticed a big difference when fitted

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5
Hi all

Been searching the internet for hours sending off emails to all manner of companies trying to source the engine mounts cheaper than the stealers & tps.

Can anyone recommend an company to try to get the engine mounts listed below? local TPS are only about £5 cheaper that Audi:-(

8E0 199 379 BF - N/S ENGINE MOUNT AUDI RETAIL £139.51
8E0 199 382 AG - O/S ENGINE MOUNT AUDI RETAIL £118.72

Regards
Steve
These prices include vat? As I'm after a set for my Quattro brd n/s 155.5 o/s 124.25? Quoted by Audi today?

Yes the prices included vat, it was a year ago so I imagine price difference is just vw's natural yearly price increase

does anyone know , is there any given failure point for these mounts, is it mainly down to milage or age , or both. I'm on 46k now but the car is nearly 10 years old, does age come into play with these mounts ageing and leaking as opposed to failing due to milage covered or both.
cheers
rob

Id would say more to do with milage as oppose to age.

Im on 93k on a 57 registration so either way i guess mine are nearly past there sell by date