Engine mount N144/N145 - error code

kellieozzy

Reaction score
I'm not sure if my audi is B6 or B7 chassis but engine code is AWX if that helps. Noticed it was lagging in second gear so got it code read, came up with "N144/N145 engine mount open circuit" or something along those lines. Will be looking at the engine mount wires today to see if they are broke but what i'm asking is... what do i do either way? if they're broke or not?

Any help would be great. Thanks.

i wouldnt of thought the engine mount would cause any performance issues, you may want to check the injector loom as from what ive been told and past experience this doesnt always bring up any faults. i have had fault codes with my engine mount since buying the car and have never changed it, and no performance drawbacks at all

Oh and i would guess yours is a B6 as mine has same engine :)

The wires into the engine mount are fine so i've decided to leave it and deal with it if anything happens, at the mo there's no issues with engine vibrating etc. BUT i changed the air mass meter and now she drives like a dream! no more lagging just pure power. Engine codes are a waste of time :sm4:

It's probably worth changing the air mass meter anyway, especially if it's a bit old. I got mine from Euros for £90odd but if you give them your old one you get £30 back so it came to £74 which is worth it now that she drives great.