1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Engine Mgmt & AdBlue Fault: Car at Dealership.

Jonfun Oct 20, 2020

1. Jonfun

Jonfun 2016 A4 Avant B9 190 Quattro S-Line

Hi All

Just thought I'd share a recent experience with you all as my '2016 B9 Avant Quattro TDI' is currently at my Audi dealership having some works done.

Generally and touch wood its been solid and a joy to own (for nearly 2 years) I'd say that this is the first real issue I've had to take it in get resolved, and well worth the Extended Warranty I've paid for.
    • Anyway .. Topped up diesel Saturday, immediate Amber Engine mgmt light on way home, and eventually an AdBlue Fault message just as I pull into my road: Image attached.
    • Audi Roadside technician called yesterday morning to diagnose fault and codes, all point to issues with the AdBlue Control unit (Fault codes P208D, P21CA, P208c) referred to dealership.
    • Booked into local Audi Dealership the very same day and they have the part on order to be replaced tomorrow morning - importantly covered by the warranty, as you'd expect but always nice to be told :)
    Anyway just thought i'd share my experiences .. looking forward to having her back.

Will let you know how things progress. Cheers,

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Mkay315

Mkay315 Registered User

How much do you pay for your warranty if you don't mind me asking?

4. Jonfun

not at all, I pay monthly and opted for the Audi 'All Component' cover, is about £40 a month for 12 months.

There is a diluted option and I'm sure paying off in one go would be cheaper.

For peace of mind I'm cool with that.

5. Mkay315

Mkay315 Registered User

Oh nice. I am thinking of getting an A4 very soon. It would be a good upgrade from my MK7 VW golf. Would you recommend for me to get the car from an Audi dealership or from an Independent dealer?

6. Jonfun

That's your call mate, whatever I say someone else will have another opinion.

I guess it depends of price of the car, dealer reputation and warranty quality.

7. Mkay315

Mkay315 Registered User

Oh alright. That's cool. Thank you for that.

8. WesT-gefül

WesT-gefül Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Had my pump replaced under warranty too.

9. Mkay315

Mkay315 Registered User

Did the cambelt get replaced too?

10. Jonfun

Quick update on this, I picked up the car last weds so the dealership managed to fix the issue pretty quickly.

Apparently the AdBlue Control unit was indeed faulty and therefore needed to be replaced. The service guy informed me it wouldve been a £450 part and ultimately a £600-£700 bill if I'd have had to pay. kinda what I expected.

anyway all sorted now :)

11. Mkay315

Mkay315 Registered User

Wonderful news. Hopefully it's all smooth now

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. WesT-gefül

No not needed I didn’t think. Will check notes as I’m nearly sure.

14. WesT-gefül

Glad you got sorted. More people need to have this checked. Saved a bundle.

15. Jonfun

Cheers and absolutely, cant fault that Audi warranty .. just renewed! :D

16. Ioan Furdui

Ioan Furdui 2016 A4 Avant B9 190 Quattro S-Line

Just got engine light on today, after yesterday i top up ad blue. To be honest i top up with ad blue from the petrol station, but is not the first time i am doing that.
    I read the faults, and got me just one P21CA.
    I mention i do not have warranty anymore, just ended in november last year.

17. Jonfun

Sounds like it could possibly be the same issue then based on the symptom and the fault code.

let us know how things go.

18. Ioan Furdui

Ioan Furdui 2016 A4 Avant B9 190 Quattro S-Line

Yes, didn't drive the car anymore, on the way to a service got the same fault on
    Yes, i didn't drive the car anymore, and today on the way to a service, i got the same fault in my dash.
    Let's see what the service saying.

Attached Files:

Jonfun likes this.
  19. BigAardvaark

BigAardvaark Registered User

This has happened to me both times I let the adblue warning get below 1000 miles (might have been closer to 800 miles?), engine light on, adblue fault. Put adblue in and both cleared themselves very shortly after.