Engine management

Alwayssomething

Reaction score
Alright guys got 2 problems. First is engine management is on, but the car seems fine very frustrating 07 Quattro tfsi big standard.
is there anything obvious for me to look out for.
Second I fitted new breaks and pads and I’m getting awful squeeling when break at pulling on to drive speed only when wheel is turned. They are good pads I tried copper grease I’ve had them of and they look fine my last thought was the spring on the front of the caliber would this get lose over time and cause that. Cheers.

As for your eml being on the best thing is a scan as it could be absolutely anything. check out the vcds user map and see if anyone is close to you that could help you out. And for your brakes why not just pull the wheels and have a good look or even strip down and re do the job ?

Reactions: Sibmets
Thank you for replying. The engine management light went away thankfully.
the brakes are really starting to get on my nerves this noise is not brake squeal they do that aswell, this noise sounds like you know the old type push bike brakes like a horse shoe they made than honking sound if the rubber was cheap, sounds exactly like that like cheap push bike, these are not cheap pads it’s embarrassing to drive the car, noise goes after long drive.